In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Tempeh tikka masala with green beans and basmati rice
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Vegan, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 740 Calories/Serving
Tastier than takeout, our easy vegan tikka masala comes together in a snap, thanks to our tomatoey coconut milk base.
In your bag
- ¾ cup basmati rice
- ½ pound tempeh
- 1 organic yellow onion
- 6 ounces organic green beans
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- Sunbasket coconut curry base (tomatoes - coconut milk - onion - cashew butter - garam masala - garlic - ginger - turmeric - coriander)
- 3 ounces organic baby spinach or other leafy greens
Calories 740, Total Fat 24g (31% DV), Sat. Fat 5g (25% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 0mg (0% DV), Sodium 80mg (3% DV), Total Carb. 86g (31% DV), Fiber 16g (57% DV), Total Sugars 9g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 31g
Contains: Tree Nuts (cashew, coconut), Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice
- Rinse the rice.
While the rice cooks, prepare the tempeh.
Start the tempeh
- Cut the tempeh into ½-inch cubes.
While the tempeh cooks, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients
- Peel and coarsely chop enough onion to measure 1 cup [2 cups].
- Trim the stem ends from the green beans; cut the beans into 1-inch lengths.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro for garnish.
Make the tikka masala
Add the coconut curry base and ½ cup [1 cup] water, season with salt and pepper, and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, add the green beans, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the tempeh is tender, the beans are crisp-tender, and the sauce is thickened slightly, 4 to 5 minutes. Add more water if needed to reach the desired consistency. Working in batches if needed, stir in the spinach and cook until just wilted, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Rinse the rice.
- Measure the water for the rice.
- Measure the onion.
- Measure the water for the tikka masala.
- Garnish with the cilantro.