In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Tex-Mex chicken fajitas with sweet pepper–tomato salsa
2 Servings, 630 Calories/Serving
We toss together sweet peppers, tomatoes, and cilantro for a brightly colored salsa to top these Tex-Mex-inspired chicken fajitas.
In your bag
- 10 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast strips
- Sunbasket fajita spice blend (chili powder - coriander - cumin - sweet paprika - granulated garlic)
- 6 ounces organic sweet mini peppers
- 1 organic red onion
- ¼ pound organic grape or cherry tomatoes
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- Sunbasket Aleppo-lime vinaigrette base (lime juice - onion - Aleppo chile flakes)
- 6 Mi Rancho Artisan tortillas
- ¼ cup organic Greek yogurt
Calories: 630, Protein: 46g (92% DV), Fiber: 14g (56% DV), Total Fat: 17g (26% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 9g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g, Saturated Fat: 2.5g (13% DV), Cholesterol: 80mg (27% DV), Sodium: 880mg (37% DV), Carbohydrates: 69g (23% DV), Total Sugars: 11g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Milk, Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the chicken
- Cut a small corner from the chicken packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel. Season with salt and pepper and the fajita spice blend.
While the chicken cooks, prepare the salsa.
Make the sweet pepper–tomato salsa
- Remove the stems and seeds from the sweet mini peppers; thinly slice the peppers crosswise into rings.
- Peel and finely chop enough onion to measure ¼ cup [½ cup].
- Cut the tomatoes in half.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro; set aside half for garnish.
Warm the tortillas
- Measure the onion.
- Stir the salsa.
- Assemble their own fajitas.