In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Tex-Mex chicken salad with black beans and honey-lime vinaigrette
Mediterranean, Diabetes-Friendly, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Family-Friendly, Carb-Conscious
2 Servings, 670 Calories/Serving
Our vibrant take on the taco salad showcases plenty of delicious flavors and textures, including juicy tomatoes, sweet citrus, and crisp radishes.
In your bag
- 10 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast strips
- 1 organic orange
- ½ cup cooked black beans
- 2 or 3 organic radishes (about 2 ounces total)
- 1 or 2 organic Roma or other tomatoes (about ¼ pound total)
- 2 organic romaine hearts or other lettuce
- 2 ounces roasted red peppers
- Sun Basket honey-lime vinaigrette base (lime juice - onion - honey - Aleppo chile flakes)
- 3 tablespoons dry-roasted pumpkin seeds
Calories: 670, Protein: 34g (68% DV), Fiber: 11g (44% DV), Total Fat: 46g (71% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 26g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g, Saturated Fat: 7g (35% DV), Cholesterol: 75mg (25% DV), Sodium: 250mg (10% DV), Carbohydrates: 38g (13% DV), Total Sugars: 14g, Added Sugars: 8g (16% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the chicken
- Cut a small corner from the chicken packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
Prep the remaining ingredients; make the salad
- Using your hands or a sharp knife, peel the orange. Working over a large bowl, cut along both sides of each membrane to release the segments into the bowl. Alternatively, peel and cut the fruit crosswise into ½-inch-thick slices. Discard any seeds.
- Rinse the black beans.
- Thinly slice the radishes.
- Cut away the cores from the tomatoes; coarsely chop the tomatoes.
- Trim the root ends from the romaine hearts; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Scrape off any seeds from the roasted red peppers; coarsely chop any large pieces.
To the bowl with the orange, add the beans, radishes, tomatoes, romaine, roasted red peppers, and ¼ cup [½ cup] honey-lime vinaigrette and toss to combine (set aside the remaining vinaigrette for serving). Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Peel the orange by hand.
- Rinse the black beans.
- Measure the oil for the vinaigrette.
- Assemble the salad.
- Top the salad with the chicken and pumpkin seeds.