Tex-Mex tostadas with pickled carrots and avocado crema
Vegetarian, Soy-Free, Gluten-Free
35 – 45 Minutes
These vegetarian and gluten-free tostadas are topped with an ingenious blend of pinto beans, creamy mashed potatoes, cheese, and mild green chiles.
In your bag
- ½ pound new potatoes
- 1 or 2 carrots
- 1 shallot
- Quick-pickle brine (apple cider vinegar - honey)
- ½ teaspoon Aleppo chile flakes (optional)
- ½ cup cooked pinto beans
- 3 ounces Savoy cabbage
- Fresh cilantro
- 1 lime
- ⅓ cup shredded Mexican cheese blend (Monterey jack - sharp cheddar - queso blanco - asadero)
- ⅓ cup mild green chiles
- 6 Mi Rancho 100% corn tortillas
- Avocado crema (avocado - milk - fresh garlic - salt - ascorbic acid)
- 2 tablespoons roasted pumpkin seeds
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne (optional)
The tortillas can also be crisped in a 400°F oven: On a sheet pan, brush the tortillas all over with 1 to 2 tablespoons oil and season with salt; arrange side by side. Roast in the oven, turning halfway through, until crisp, 12 to 15 minutes.
Protein: 20g (40% DV), Fiber: 17g (68% DV), Total Fat: 38g (58% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 22g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g, Saturated Fat: 7g (35% DV), Cholesterol: 20mg (7% DV), Sodium: 1160mg (48% DV), Carbohydrates: 93g (31% DV), Total Sugars: 22g, Added Sugars (Honey): 9g (18% DV).