Tex-Mex tostadas with pickled carrots and avocado crema
Soy-Free, Gluten-Free, Vegetarian
35 – 45 Minutes
These vegetarian and gluten-free tostadas are topped with an ingenious blend of pinto beans, chunky mashed potatoes, cheese, and mild green chiles.
In your bag
- ¾ pound new potatoes
- 2 or 3 carrots (about ½ pound total)
- 1 or 2 shallots
- Sun Basket quick-pickle brine (apple cider vinegar - honey)
- 1 teaspoon Aleppo chile flakes (optional)
- 1 cup cooked pinto beans
- 2 limes
- 3 or 4 sprigs fresh cilantro
- ⅔ cup diced mild green chiles
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend (Monterey jack - sharp cheddar - queso blanco - asadero)
- 12 Mi Rancho 100% corn tortillas
- 5 ounces shredded Savoy cabbage
- Sun Basket avocado crema (avocado - milk - fresh garlic - salt - ascorbic acid)
- ¼ cup roasted pumpkin seeds
- ½ teaspoon cayenne (optional)
The tortillas can also be crisped in a 400°F oven: On a sheet pan, brush the tortillas all over with 1 to 2 tablespoons oil and season with salt; arrange side by side. Toast in the oven, turning halfway through, until crisp, 12 to 15 minutes.
Protein: 17g (34% DV), Fiber: 13g (52% DV), Total Fat: 28g (43% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 15g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3.5g, Saturated Fat: 7g (35% DV), Cholesterol: 25mg (8% DV), Sodium: 860mg (36% DV), Carbohydrates: 65g (22% DV), Total Sugars: 15g, Added Sugars: 4g (8% DV).