In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Tex-Mex turkey skillet with mild green chiles and tomatoes
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Diabetes-Friendly, Carb-Conscious, No Added Sugar, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 460 Calories/Serving
Wrangle up your loved ones for this rustic skillet dinner, a Wild West creation with your choice of protein, juicy tomatoes, mild green chiles, and our flavor-packed Tex-Mex seasoning blend.
In your bag
- Your choice of protein
- 2 organic zucchini or yellow squash
- 1 organic red onion
- Sunbasket Tex-Mex seasoning blend (chili powder - onion powder - granulated garlic - sweet smoked paprika - dried Mexican oregano)
- 3 ounces organic grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 organic lime
- ½ cup diced tomatoes
- ¼ cup diced mild green chiles
- 3 tablespoons dry-roasted pumpkin seeds
Calories 460, Total Fat 24g (31% DV), Sat. Fat 5g (25% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 100mg (33% DV), Sodium 630mg (27% DV), Total Carb. 30g (11% DV), Fiber 8g (29% DV), Total Sugars 11g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 37g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep your protein
- Ground meat (including plant based): Cut a small corner from the ground meat packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
- Tofu: Pat the tofu dry with paper towels; cut into ½-inch cubes.
- Plant-based chicken: Pat the plant-based chicken dry with a paper towel; cut any large pieces into 1-inch chunks.
Prep the zucchini and onion; start the Tex-Mex skillet
- Cut the zucchini in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ½-inch-thick half-moons.
- Peel and coarsely chop enough onion to measure 1 cup [2 cups]; set aside ¼ cup [½ cup] for garnish.
In a large frying pan [large sauce pot] over medium-high heat, warm 2 to 3 teaspoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add your protein, zucchini, Tex-Mex seasoning blend, and ¾ cup [1½ cups] onion and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring and breaking up the ground meat if using, until your protein is lightly browned but not yet cooked through and the vegetables start to soften, 3 to 5 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare the garnishes.
Prep the remaining garnishes; finish the Tex-Mex skillet
- Cut the grape tomatoes in half.
- Cut the lime into wedges. [Cut 1 lime into wedges; save the remaining lime for another use.]
To the pan [pot] with your protein, add the diced tomatoes, green chiles, and ½ cup [¾ cup] water and bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, until your protein is cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the Tex-Mex skillet to individual bowls and garnish with the grape tomatoes, pumpkin seeds, and remaining chopped onion. Serve with the lime wedges.
- Measure the onion.
- Measure the water for the Tex-Mex skillet.
- Time the cooking.
- Add the garnishes.