In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Tex-Mex turkey skillet with green chiles and tomatoes
Dairy-Free, Mediterranean, Gluten-Free, Carb-Conscious, Paleo, Diabetes-Friendly, Lean & Clean, Soy-Free
2 Servings, 400 Calories/Serving
We throw our Tex-Mex seasoning blend, ground turkey, tomatoes, and mild green chiles in a skillet for a quick 15-minute meal.
In your bag
- 10 ounces ground turkey
- 2 organic zucchini or other summer squash
- 1 organic red onion
- Sun Basket Tex-Mex seasoning blend (chili powder - onion powder - granulated garlic - sweet smoked paprika - dried Mexican oregano)
- 3 ounces organic grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 organic lime
- ½ cup diced tomatoes
- ¼ cup diced mild green chiles
- 3 tablespoons dry-roasted pumpkin seeds
To make your meal even more authentic, use a cast-iron frying pan or Dutch oven if you have one, although any large frying pan or sauce pot will work. It’s traditional to serve the dish directly from the hot pan, stovetop-to-table style. Just be sure to warn diners to use caution when scooping up a serving.
Shine from the Inside Out
New to the cooking game? Choose easy-to-assemble meals with ingredients you can prepare ahead of time (like this turkey skillet). A shift in your dietary habits, such as cooking at home, can have a positive effect on your health and also increase your chances of spending quality time with friends and family.
Calories: 400, Protein: 29g (58% DV), Fiber: 9g (36% DV), Total Fat: 21g (32% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 3.5g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Saturated Fat: 4.5g (23% DV), Cholesterol: 75mg (25% DV), Sodium: 380mg (16% DV), Carbohydrates: 32g (11% DV), Total Sugars: 12g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Start the turkey skillet
- Cut a small corner from the ground turkey packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
- Cut the zucchini in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ½-inch-thick half-moons.
- Peel and coarsely chop enough onion to measure ¾ cup [1½ cups]; set aside ¼ cup [½ cup] for garnish.
While the turkey and vegetables cook, prepare the garnishes.
Prep the remaining garnishes; finish the turkey skillet
- Cut the grape tomatoes in half.
- Cut the lime into wedges. [Cut 1 lime into wedges. Save the remaining lime.]
- Measure the onion.
- Measure the water for the turkey skillet.
- Add the garnishes.