Texas shrimp salad with guacamole

In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.

Texas shrimp salad with guacamole

Texas shrimp salad with guacamole

Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Mediterranean, Diabetes-Friendly, Carb-Conscious, <600 Calories, Protein Plus

2 Servings, 570 Calories/Serving

15 Minutes

You’ll enjoy big Texas flavor with this seafood salad, which comes together in 15 minutes thanks to our custom spice blend and house-made guacamole.

Get delicious recipes with organic produce and clean ingredients delivered

View our meal plans

In your bag

1 bag serves 2 (2 bags serve 4)
Sunbasket is proud to source the organic ingredients indicated below. On the rare occasion we are unable to meet our organic promise, we'll put a note in your bag.
  • Shellfish options:
  • 10 ounces wild Gulf shrimp
  • 10 ounces wild tail-on jumbo shrimp
  • 10 ounces wild sea scallops
  • Sunbasket Southwestern spice blend (granulated garlic - coriander - dried Mexican oregano)
  • 2 organic romaine hearts or other lettuce
  • 1 organic red or other bell pepper
  • ½ cup cooked black beans
  • 3 ounces organic grape or cherry tomatoes
  • Sunbasket honey-lime vinaigrette base (lime juice - onion - honey - Aleppo chile flakes)
  • 1 ounce sliced pitted black olives
  • Sunbasket guacamole (avocado - lime juice - kosher salt - ascorbic acid - black pepper)

Nutrition per serving

Calories 570, Total Fat 29g (37% DV), Sat. Fat 3g (15% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 215mg (72% DV), Sodium 580mg (25% DV), Total Carb. 39g (14% DV), Fiber 11g (39% DV), Total Sugars 18g (Incl. 7g Added Sugars, 14% DV), Protein 31g

Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten.

*Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.


2-serving instructions (4-serving modifications in red)

Wash produce before use


Prep and cook the shellfish

For the shrimp or jumbo shrimp:
  • Rinse the shrimp, then drain on a paper-towel-lined plate and pat dry. In a medium bowl, toss the shrimp with the Southwestern spice blend and season lightly with salt and pepper.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 tablespoon oil until hot but not smoking. Add the shrimp and cook, turning once, until firm and cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes per side for regular shrimp, 2 to 3 minutes per side for jumbo shrimp. Transfer to a plate.

For the scallops:
  • Pat the scallops dry with a paper towel. In a medium bowl, toss the scallops with the Southwestern spice blend and season lightly with salt and pepper.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 2 to 3 teaspoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the scallops and cook without turning until golden brown on one side and starting to turn opaque, 2 to 4 minutes. Turn and continue cooking for about 30 seconds for translucent or 1 to 2 minutes for opaque. Transfer to a plate.

While the shellfish cooks, start preparing the remaining ingredients.


Prep the remaining ingredients; assemble the salad

  • Trim the root end from the romaine heart; coarsely chop the leaves.
  • Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the bell pepper; cut the pepper into ½-inch pieces.
  • Rinse the black beans.
  • Cut the tomatoes in half.
In a large bowl, stir together the honey-lime vinaigrette base and 2 tablespoons [¼ cup] oil; season to taste with salt and pepper. Add the romaine, bell pepper, beans, tomatoes, and olives and toss to combine; season to taste with salt and pepper.


Transfer the salad to individual bowls, top with the shellfish and guacamole, and serve.
Kids Can!
  • Rinse the beans.
  • Stir the vinaigrette.
  • Assemble the salad.
  • Top the salad with the guacamole.