In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Texas shrimp salad with guacamole
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Mediterranean, Diabetes-Friendly, Carb-Conscious, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 570 Calories/Serving
You’ll enjoy big Texas flavor with this seafood salad, which comes together in 15 minutes thanks to our custom spice blend and house-made guacamole.
In your bag
- Shellfish options:
- 10 ounces wild Gulf shrimp
- 10 ounces wild tail-on jumbo shrimp
- 10 ounces wild sea scallops
- Sunbasket Southwestern spice blend (granulated garlic - coriander - dried Mexican oregano)
- 2 organic romaine hearts or other lettuce
- 1 organic red or other bell pepper
- ½ cup cooked black beans
- 3 ounces organic grape or cherry tomatoes
- Sunbasket honey-lime vinaigrette base (lime juice - onion - honey - Aleppo chile flakes)
- 1 ounce sliced pitted black olives
- Sunbasket guacamole (avocado - lime juice - kosher salt - ascorbic acid - black pepper)
Nutrition per serving
Calories 570, Total Fat 29g (37% DV), Sat. Fat 3g (15% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 215mg (72% DV), Sodium 580mg (25% DV), Total Carb. 39g (14% DV), Fiber 11g (39% DV), Total Sugars 18g (Incl. 7g Added Sugars, 14% DV), Protein 31g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the shellfish
- Rinse the shrimp, then drain on a paper-towel-lined plate and pat dry. In a medium bowl, toss the shrimp with the Southwestern spice blend and season lightly with salt and pepper.
For the scallops:
- Pat the scallops dry with a paper towel. In a medium bowl, toss the scallops with the Southwestern spice blend and season lightly with salt and pepper.
While the shellfish cooks, start preparing the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients; assemble the salad
- Trim the root end from the romaine heart; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the bell pepper; cut the pepper into ½-inch pieces.
- Rinse the black beans.
- Cut the tomatoes in half.
- Rinse the beans.
- Stir the vinaigrette.
- Assemble the salad.
- Top the salad with the guacamole.