In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Spicy Texas steak chili with sweet potato and chipotle
Paleo, Soy-Free, Dairy-Free, Spicy, Gluten-Free, Carb-Conscious
2 Servings, 530 Calories/Serving
Myth: good chili always takes all day to make. Fact: our one-pan paleo version cooks up fast but delivers rich, deep flavor.
In your bag
- 10 ounces top sirloin steak strips
- 1 organic sweet potato
- 1 cup organic mirepoix (onions - carrots - celery)
- Sunbasket spicy chili seasoning (chipotle powder - coriander - cumin - sweet paprika - granulated garlic)
- Sunbasket tomato sauce base (tomatoes - tomato paste - garlic)
- 2 or 3 organic radishes (about 2 ounces total)
- 1 organic lime
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- 3 ounces organic shredded green or other cabbage
Calories: 530, Protein: 47g (94% DV), Fiber: 9g (36% DV), Total Fat: 21g (32% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 11g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.5g, Saturated Fat: 6g (30% DV), Cholesterol: 125mg (42% DV), Sodium: 250mg (10% DV), Carbohydrates: 38g (13% DV), Total Sugars: 13g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the steak
- Cut a small corner from the steak packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a cutting board; pat dry with a paper towel. Season generously with salt and pepper.
While the steak cooks, prepare the sweet potato.
Prep the sweet potato; cook the chili
- Scrub or peel the sweet potato. Cut the potato into ½-inch pieces.
Add the sweet potato and 2 cups [4 cups] water, season with salt, and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until the potato is tender and the chili has thickened, 10 to 15 minutes. Stir in the steak and any accumulated juices. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
While the chili cooks, prepare the garnishes.
Prep the garnishes
- Cut the radishes in half, then cut the halves into thin half-moons.
- Cut the lime into wedges. [Cut 1 lime into wedges; save the remaining lime.]
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
- Scrub the sweet potato.
- Measure the water for the chili.
- Garnish the chili.