In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Thai chicken with stir-fried green beans and marinated tomatoes
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Carb-Conscious, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 470 Calories/Serving
Loosely inspired by Thai papaya salad, Chef Chelsea’s stir-fried green beans and marinated tomatoes deliver the perfect punch of sweet, tart, and umami-rich flavors. One bite and you’ll be hooked.
In your bag
- 3 ounces organic grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 organic white onion
- Sunbasket Thai dressing (maple syrup - lime juice - fish sauce)
- Chicken options:
- 2 to 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 10 ounces total)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- Sunbasket turmeric spice blend (granulated garlic - turmeric - ground ginger)
- 6 ounces organic green beans
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- 3 tablespoons dry-roasted cashews
Calories 470, Total Fat 24g (31% DV), Sat. Fat 4.5g (23% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 135mg (45% DV), Sodium 740mg (32% DV), Total Carb. 33g (12% DV), Fiber 5g (18% DV), Total Sugars 15g (Incl. 6g Added Sugars, 12% DV), Protein 36g
Contains: Fish (anchovy), Tree Nuts (cashew)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and marinate the tomatoes and onion
- Cut the tomatoes in half.
- Peel and thinly slice the onion. Measure ¼ cup [½ cup] for marinating; set aside the rest for the stir-fry.
- Measure 2 tablespoons [¼ cup] Thai dressing for marinating; set aside the rest for the stir-fry.
In a medium bowl, stir together the tomatoes, ¼ cup [½ cup] onion, and 2 tablespoons [¼ cup] Thai dressing; season to taste with salt and pepper. Refrigerate while you prepare the rest of the meal.
Prep and cook the chicken
Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper and the turmeric spice blend.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the chicken and cook, turning occasionally, until lightly browned and cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes per side for thighs, 4 to 6 minutes per side for breasts. Transfer to a plate and cover to keep warm. Do not clean the pan. While the chicken is cooking, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients; cook the stir-fry
- Trim the stem ends from the green beans if needed; cut the beans on the diagonal into 2-inch lengths.
- Finely chop, press, or grate the garlic.
- Using the bottom of a bowl or cup, lightly crush the cashews.
In the same pan used for the chicken, warm 1 to 2 teaspoons oil over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Add the green beans and remaining onion, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender and starting to brown, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in the cashews and 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] Thai dressing.
Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper and the remaining dressing.
Transfer the chicken and stir-fried green beans to individual bowls. Top the dish with the marinated tomatoes and onion and serve.
- Measure the onion and Thai dressing.
- Stir the tomatoes, onion, and dressing.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Crush the cashews.
- Top the dish with the marinated tomatoes and onion.