In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Spicy Thai green chicken curry with jasmine rice
Soy-Free, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Spicy
2 Servings, 840 Calories/Serving
This fragrant gluten- and dairy-free coconut-milk curry is a collaboration between the Williams Sonoma Test Kitchen and Sun Basket.
In your bag
- ½ cup jasmine rice
- 1 organic yellow onion
- 1 organic red or other bell pepper
- 6 ounces organic green beans
- Chicken options:
- 2 to 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 10 ounces total)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- 1½ tablespoons green curry paste
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1½ teaspoons fish sauce
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh Thai or Italian basil
If making this dish for four people, cook the chicken in two batches, adding more oil to the pan between batches if needed.
Calories: 840, Protein: 44g (88% DV), Fiber: 8g (32% DV), Total Fat: 41g (63% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 9g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 4.5g, Saturated Fat: 22g (110% DV), Cholesterol: 190mg (63% DV), Sodium: 870mg (36% DV), Carbohydrates: 71g (24% DV), Total Sugars: 13g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Fish (anchovy), Crustacean Shellfish (shrimp), Tree Nuts (coconut)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice
- Rinse the rice.
While the rice cooks, prepare the ingredients for the curry.
Prep the curry ingredients
- Peel and cut the onion into 8 equal wedges, keeping the end of the wedges attached at the root.
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the bell pepper; cut the pepper into 1-inch pieces.
- Trim the stem ends from the green beans; cut the beans into 2-inch lengths.
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel. Cut the chicken crosswise into 1-inch-thick strips; season generously with salt and pepper.
Start the curry
Finish the curry
When the curry is almost done, prepare the garnish.
Prep the garnish
- Strip the basil leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Rinse the rice.
- Measure the water for the rice and curry.
- Time the cooking.
- Strip the basil leaves.
- Garnish with the basil.