In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Spicy Thai green chicken curry with jasmine rice
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Spicy, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 840 Calories/Serving
This fragrant gluten- and dairy-free coconut-milk curry is a collaboration between the Williams Sonoma Test Kitchen and Sunbasket.
In your bag
- ½ cup jasmine rice
- 1 organic yellow onion
- 1 organic red or other bell pepper
- 6 ounces organic green beans
- Chicken options:
- 2 to 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 10 ounces total)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- 1½ tablespoons green curry paste
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1½ teaspoons fish sauce
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh Thai or Italian basil
Calories 840, Total Fat 41g (53% DV), Sat. Fat 22g (110% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 190mg (63% DV), Sodium 870mg (38% DV), Total Carb. 71g (26% DV), Fiber 8g (29% DV), Total Sugars 13g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 44g
Contains: Fish (anchovy), Crustacean Shellfish (shrimp), Tree Nuts (coconut)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice
- Rinse the rice.
While the rice cooks, prepare the ingredients for the curry.
Prep the curry ingredients
- Peel and cut the onion into 8 equal wedges, keeping the end of the wedges attached at the root.
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the bell pepper; cut the pepper into 1-inch pieces.
- Trim the stem ends from the green beans; cut the beans into 2-inch lengths.
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel. Cut the chicken crosswise into 1-inch-thick strips; season generously with salt and pepper.
Start the curry
Finish the curry
When the curry is almost done, prepare the garnish.
Prep the garnish
- Strip the basil leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Rinse the rice.
- Measure the water for the rice and curry.
- Time the cooking.
- Strip the basil leaves.
- Garnish with the basil.