In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Thai lettuce cups with pork curry, crushed cashews, and bell pepper
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Mediterranean, Carb-Conscious, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 620 Calories/Serving
Delicious doesn’t have to be difficult. These flavorful lettuce cups are a prime example. Simply simmer your choice of protein in our aromatic Thai curry sauce and—applause—dinner is done.
In your bag
- 10 ounces ground pork
- Your choice of protein
- 1 organic red or other bell pepper
- 1 organic red onion
- ¼ ounce whole dried chiles (optional)
- 1 organic lime
- Sunbasket Thai curry sauce base (coconut milk - curry paste - cashew butter - coconut sugar - lime juice - fish sauce - lemongrass - extra virgin olive oil - garlic - kosher salt - ginger - turmeric)
- 1 head organic butter or other lettuce
- 3 tablespoons dry-roasted cashews
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
Calories 620, Total Fat 43g (55% DV), Sat. Fat 17g (85% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 80mg (27% DV), Sodium 660mg (29% DV), Total Carb. 30g (11% DV), Fiber 7g (25% DV), Total Sugars 12g (Incl. 2g Added Sugars, 4% DV), Protein 29g
Contains: Fish (anchovy), Crustacean Shellfish (shrimp), Tree Nuts (cashew, coconut)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep your protein
Ground meat: Cut a small corner from the ground meat packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
Shrimp: Rinse and drain the shrimp. Pat dry on a paper-towel-lined plate.
Prep the bell pepper and onion; start cooking the filling
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the bell pepper; coarsely chop the pepper.
- Peel and finely chop enough onion to measure 1 cup [2 cups]; set aside ¼ cup [½ cup] for garnish.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 teaspoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the bell pepper, ¾ cup [1½ cups] onion, and as many dried chiles as you like, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables start to soften, 2 to 3 minutes.
Add your protein, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring and breaking up the ground meat if using, until the protein is lightly browned but not yet cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes for shrimp and 3 to 4 minutes for ground meat. While the filling is cooking, prepare the lime.
Prep the lime; finish the filling
- Zest the lime; cut the lime into wedges for garnish. [Zest both limes; cut 1 lime into wedges. Save the remaining zested lime for another use.]
To the pan with your protein and vegetables, stir in the Thai curry sauce base and lime zest and bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the sauce has thickened and your protein is cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the heat, discard the chiles, and season to taste with salt and pepper. While the filling is cooking, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the lettuce and garnishes
- Trim the root end from the lettuce; separate the leaves.
- Using the bottom of a bowl or cup, lightly crush the cashews.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
Transfer the lettuce leaves to individual plates and top with the filling. Garnish with the cashews, cilantro, and remaining onion and serve with the lime wedges.
- Measure the onion.
- Time the cooking.
- Separate the lettuce leaves.
- Crush the cashews.
- Garnish the lettuce cups.