In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Thai panang curry with spicy yuba, bok choy, and rice noodles
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Vegan, Spicy, <600 Calories
2 Servings, 480 Calories/Serving
We doubled down on the noodles in this easy Thai curry featuring a tangle of tender rice vermicelli and spicy yuba; our flavor-packed panang curry paste brings on more heat.
In your bag
- 2½ ounces vermicelli rice noodles
- 1 head organic baby bok choy
- Sunbasket panang curry paste (mild green chiles - lemongrass - extra virgin olive oil - garlic - ginger - turmeric - coriander - cumin - ancho chile powder - cardamon)
- 2 tablespoons cashew butter
- ¼ pound Hodo organic spicy yuba noodles
- 3 ounces organic shredded carrots
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
Calories 480, Total Fat 23g (29% DV), Sat. Fat 4g (20% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 0mg (0% DV), Sodium 320mg (14% DV), Total Carb. 53g (19% DV), Fiber 8g (29% DV), Total Sugars 5g (Incl. 1g Added Sugars, 2% DV), Protein 18g
Contains: Tree Nuts (cashew), Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice noodles
Bring a medium sauce pot of water to a boil. Add the rice noodles and cook until just tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water, then return to the pot and set aside. While the water is heating and the noodles are cooking, start preparing the rest of the meal.
Prep the bok choy; start the curry
- Trim the root end from the bok choy; cut the bok choy in half lengthwise, then thinly slice crosswise, keeping the light and dark green parts separate.
In a wok or large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the panang curry paste and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the cashew butter, 1¼ cups [2½ cups] water, and 1 teaspoon [2 tsp] sugar (from your pantry), if using. Season with salt and pepper and stir until incorporated.
Add the yuba noodles and light parts of the bok choy and bring to a boil, then reduce a simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the bok choy starts to soften, 1 to 2 minutes.
Finish the curry
To the pan with the yuba noodles, add the rice noodles, carrots, and dark green parts of the bok choy. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the rice noodles are heated through and the carrots and bok choy start to soften, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the curry to individual bowls, garnish with the sesame seeds, and serve.
- Fill a sauce pot with water for the rice noodles.
- Measure the water for the curry.
- Time the cooking.
- Garnish with the sesame seeds.