In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Thai shrimp goong ob woonsen with glass noodles and green beans
2 Servings, 480 Calories/Serving
This restaurant-quality noodle dish comes together in about 30 minutes and is served with garlicky blistered green beans.
In your bag
- Shrimp options:
- 10 ounces wild Gulf shrimp
- 10 ounces wild tail-on jumbo shrimp
- Sunbasket goong ob woonsen base (gluten-free tamari - molasses - fermented black soybeans - sesame oil - brown sugar)
- 3½ ounces glass (mung bean) noodles
- 2 or 3 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- 1-inch piece organic fresh ginger
- 3 organic scallions
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- ½ pound organic green beans
Calories 480, Total Fat 12g (15% DV), Sat. Fat 1.5g (8% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 180mg (60% DV), Sodium 1440mg (63% DV), Total Carb. 68g (25% DV), Fiber 5g (18% DV), Total Sugars 12g (Incl. 7g Added Sugars, 14% DV), Protein 26g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Soak the glass noodles; marinate the shrimp
- Rinse the shrimp, then drain on a paper-towel-lined plate and pat dry.
- In a small bowl, using a fork or whisk, stir together the goong ob woonsen base and ¼ cup [½ cup] warm water.
In the same bowl, toss together the shrimp and goong ob woonsen sauce and season lightly with salt and pepper. Add the noodles and toss to coat.
While the noodles soak and the shrimp and noodles marinate, prepare the aromatics.
Prep the aromatics
- Set aside half the whole garlic cloves for the peppercorn mixture. Finely chop, press, or grate the remaining garlic and set aside for the green beans.
- Strip the cilantro leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the stems. Set aside the leaves for garnish.
- Peel the ginger, if desired; thinly slice the ginger crosswise.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions on the diagonal. Set aside 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] scallions for garnish.
Cook the goong ob woonsen
While the goong ob woonsen cooks, start preparing the green beans.
Prep and cook the green beans
- Trim the stem ends from the green beans.
- Stir the goong ob woonsen base and water.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Strip the cilantro leaves.
- Crush the peppercorns.
- Garnish with the cilantro and scallions.