In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Thai shrimp yellow curry with zucchini and carrots
Spicy, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free
2 Servings, 540 Calories/Serving
Keep calm and curry on with this fragrant Thai yellow curry, made with fresh shellfish, vibrant vegetables, rich coconut milk, and ground turmeric for its signature golden hue.
In your bag
- ½ cup jasmine rice
- 1 organic yellow onion
- 1 organic carrot
- 1 organic zucchini or yellow squash
- Shellfish options:
- 10 ounces wild Gulf shrimp
- 10 ounces wild tail-on jumbo shrimp
- 10 ounces wild sea scallops
- Sunbasket Thai yellow curry sauce base (coconut milk - ginger - garlic - gluten-free tamari - fish sauce - Marash chile flakes - turmeric)
Calories: 540, Protein: 26g (52% DV), Fiber: 6g (24% DV), Total Fat: 18g (28% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 4.5g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g, Saturated Fat: 9g (45% DV), Cholesterol: 155mg (52% DV), Sodium: 1160mg (48% DV), Carbohydrates: 69g (23% DV), Total Sugars: 9g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Fish (anchovy), Tree Nuts (coconut), Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice
- Rinse the rice.
In a small sauce pot, combine the rice and 1 cup [1½ cups] water. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook until the rice is tender and the liquid is absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes. Fluff with a fork, cover, and keep warm. Meanwhile, prepare the curry.
Prep the curry ingredients
- Peel and thinly slice the onion.
- Scrub or peel the carrot and trim the ends; cut the carrot in half lengthwise, then on the diagonal into thin slices.
- Cut the zucchini in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ½-inch-thick half-moons.
- Rinse and drain the shellfish. Pat dry on a paper-towel-lined plate. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
Cook the curry
In a medium [large] sauce pot over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the onion, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until starting to soften, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the carrot and zucchini and cook until starting to soften, 1 to 2 minutes.
Add the Thai yellow curry sauce base and ½ cup [1 cup] water and bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are crisp-tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the shellfish and cook until just cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes for shrimp, 2 to 3 minutes for scallops. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the rice to individual bowls. Top with the shellfish, vegetables, and curry sauce and serve.
- Rinse the rice.
- Measure the water for the rice.
- Scrub the carrot.
- Measure the water for the curry.
- Time the cooking.