In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Thai-spiced chicken tostadas with frisée and apple slaw
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free
2 Servings, 780 Calories/Serving
Thai flavors meet the chicken tostada in this irresistible multicultural mash-up that comes together fast and will help you win at weeknight dinner.
In your bag
- Sunbasket Thai simmer sauce blend (coconut milk - red curry paste - cashew butter - coconut sugar - fresh lime juice - fish sauce - lemongrass - EVOO - fresh garlic - kosher salt - fresh ginger - ground turmeric)
- Chicken options:
- 2 to 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 10 ounces total)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 head organic frisée or other chicory lettuce
- 1 organic Cripps Pink or other apple
- 1 organic red onion
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- 1 organic lime
- Sunbasket cashew-lime dressing blend (cashew butter - fresh lime juice - coconut aminos - sesame oil - fresh garlic - sambal oelek - fresh ginger)
- 8 Mi Rancho 100% corn tortillas
Calories: 780, Protein: 38g (76% DV), Fiber: 12g (48% DV), Total Fat: 41g (63% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 16g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 8g, Saturated Fat: 7g (35% DV), Cholesterol: 135mg (45% DV), Sodium: 800mg (33% DV), Carbohydrates: 65g (22% DV), Total Sugars: 23g, Added Sugars: 3g (6% DV).
Contains: Fish (anchovy), Crustacean Shellfish (shrimp), Tree Nuts (cashew, coconut)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the chicken
- Let the Thai simmer sauce blend come to room temperature.
While the chicken cooks, start preparing the slaw.
Make the frisée and apple slaw
- Trim the root end from the frisée; coarsely chop the leaves. [Coarsely chop 1 head frisée; save the remaining frisée for another use.]
- Core and cut the apple into matchsticks.
- Peel and thinly slice the onion.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro; set aside half for garnish.
- Cut the lime into wedges for garnish.
Crisp the tortillas
- Shred the chicken.
- Divide the cilantro in half.
- Assemble the slaw.
- Line a plate with paper towels.
- Help assemble the tostadas.