In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Steak panang curry with jasmine rice
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free
2 Servings, 850 Calories/Serving
In this vibrant gluten- and dairy-free Thai-inspired curry, we add punch with green chiles and fragrant Thai basil for a meal that’s worthy of celebration.
In your bag
- ½ cup jasmine rice
- 1 organic white onion
- 1 organic lime
- 6 ounces organic sweet mini peppers
- Steak options:
- 2 top sirloin steaks (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 organic filet mignons (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 organic rib-eyes (about 7 ounces each)
- Sunbasket panang curry paste (mild green chiles - lemongrass - EVOO - garlic - ginger - turmeric - coriander - cumin - ancho chile powder - cardamom)
- ½ cup diced tomatoes
- ½ cup coconut milk
- ½ cup peas
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh Thai basil
Calories: 850, Protein: 59g (118% DV), Fiber: 8g (32% DV), Total Fat: 32g (49% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 15g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2.5g, Saturated Fat: 10g (50% DV), Cholesterol: 150mg (50% DV), Sodium: 180mg (8% DV), Carbohydrates: 77g (26% DV), Total Sugars: 13g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts (coconut)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice
- Rinse the rice.
While the rice cooks, prepare the curry.
Prep the curry ingredients
- Peel and thinly slice enough onion to measure 1 cup [2 cups].
- Zest the lime. Juice half; cut half into wedges for garnish. [Zest both limes. Juice 1 lime; cut 1 lime into wedges.]
- Remove the stems and seeds from the sweet mini peppers; cut the peppers into 1-inch pieces.
Sear the steak
- Pat the steak dry with a paper towel. Cut the steak into 1-inch pieces; season lightly with salt and pepper.
Cook the curry
When the curry is almost done, prepare the garnish.
Prep the garnish
- Strip the basil leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Rinse the rice.
- Time the rice.
- Measure the onion.
- Juice the lime.
- Strip the basil leaves.