In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Thai steak salad with seared summer squash
Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Gluten-Free
2 Servings, 630 Calories/Serving
For a triple dose of smoky flavor without a grill, Chef Justine chars the scallions and squash before cooking the steaks in this paleo-friendly and gluten-free salad.
In your bag
- 4 scallions
- 6 ounces summer squash
- Two 6-ounce top sirloin steaks
- 1 lime
- 2 or 3 red radishes
- 3 ounces grape tomatoes
- Fresh basil
- Thai dressing base (coconut vinegar - fish sauce - maple syrup - toasted sesame oil)
- 2 teaspoons sambal oelek (optional)
- 3 ounces mixed greens
- ¼ cup roasted cashews
Calories: 630, Protein: 42g, Fiber: 6g, Total Fat: 42g, Monounsaturated Fat: 23g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3.5g, Saturated Fat: 12g, Cholesterol: 130mg, Sodium: 750mg, Carbohydrates: 26g, Total Sugars: 8g, Added Sugars (Maple syrup): 3g.
Contains: Fish, Tree Nuts
Wash produce before use
Sear the scallions and squash
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; cut the scallions into 1-inch pieces.
- Trim the ends from the summer squash; using a peeler, cut the squash into thin ribbons, or using a sharp knife, cut the squash lengthwise into slices about ¼ inch thick.
If the pan is dry, add 1 teaspoon oil and warm over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Add the squash, season with salt, and cook, turning once, until lightly charred, 1 to 3 minutes, depending on thickness. Transfer to the plate with the scallions. Do not clean the pan.
Cook the steaks
- Pat the steaks dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
While the steaks cook and rest, prepare the remaining salad ingredients.
Prep the remaining salad ingredients
- Juice the lime.
- Trim the ends from the radishes. Cut them in half, then cut the halves into thin half-moons.
- Cut the grape tomatoes in half.
- Strip the basil leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
Toss the salad