In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Thai steak salad with seared summer squash
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 630 Calories/Serving
For a triple dose of smoky flavor without a grill, Chef Justine chars the scallions and squash before cooking the steaks in this paleo-friendly and gluten-free salad.
In your bag
- 4 scallions
- 6 ounces summer squash
- Two 6-ounce top sirloin steaks
- 1 lime
- 2 or 3 red radishes
- 3 ounces grape tomatoes
- Fresh basil
- Thai dressing base (coconut vinegar - fish sauce - maple syrup - toasted sesame oil)
- 2 teaspoons sambal oelek (optional)
- 3 ounces mixed greens
- ¼ cup roasted cashews
Calories 630, Total Fat 42g (54% DV), Sat. Fat 12g (60% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 130mg (43% DV), Sodium 750mg (33% DV), Total Carb. 26g (9% DV), Fiber 6g (21% DV), Total Sugars 8g (Incl. 3g Added Sugars, 6% DV), Protein 42g
Contains: Fish, Tree Nuts
Wash produce before use
Sear the scallions and squash
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; cut the scallions into 1-inch pieces.
- Trim the ends from the summer squash; using a peeler, cut the squash into thin ribbons, or using a sharp knife, cut the squash lengthwise into slices about ¼ inch thick.
If the pan is dry, add 1 teaspoon oil and warm over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Add the squash, season with salt, and cook, turning once, until lightly charred, 1 to 3 minutes, depending on thickness. Transfer to the plate with the scallions. Do not clean the pan.
Cook the steaks
- Pat the steaks dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
While the steaks cook and rest, prepare the remaining salad ingredients.
Prep the remaining salad ingredients
- Juice the lime.
- Trim the ends from the radishes. Cut them in half, then cut the halves into thin half-moons.
- Cut the grape tomatoes in half.
- Strip the basil leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
Toss the salad