In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Thai style cod with grapefruit cabbage slaw
Paleo, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free
2 Servings, 590 Calories/Serving
Sweet-tart grapefruit and crunchy cabbage perfectly offset the umami-rich sauce in this paleo-friendly, Thai-inspired fish dinner.
In your bag
- 1 lime
- 1 or 2 cloves peeled fresh garlic
- 3 or 4 sprigs fresh cilantro
- 1 green or red fresh chile (such as jalapeño or serrano) (optional)
- Chile-lime sauce base (maple syrup - fish sauce)
- 1 grapefruit
- 1 ounce roasted cashews
- 2 or 3 sprigs fresh mint
- Slaw dressing base (maple syrup - red wine vinegar - ginger)
- ½ pound mixed shredded cabbage (such as red and Savoy)
- Fish options:
- 2 wild Alaskan skin-on salmon fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 wild Alaskan skinless halibut fillets (about 5 ounces each)
Calories: 590, Protein: 38g (76% DV), Fiber: 6g (24% DV), Total Fat: 33g (51% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 19g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 9g, Saturated Fat: 4g (20% DV), Cholesterol: 55mg (18% DV), Sodium: 750mg (31% DV), Carbohydrates: 43g (14% DV), Total Sugars: 17g, Added Sugars: (Maple Syrup): 11g (22% DV).
Contains: Fish, Tree Nuts
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Make the chile-lime sauce
- Zest and juice the lime.
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure ½ teaspoon [1 tsp].
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
- f using the fresh chile, remove the stem, ribs, and seeds; thinly slice the chile. Wash your hands after handling.
Make the slaw
- Using your hands or a sharp knife, peel the grapefruit; working over a medium bowl, cut along both sides of each membrane to release the segments into the bowl. Alternatively, cut the fruit in half crosswise and separate each half into segments. Discard any seeds.
- Using the bottom of a bowl or cup, lightly crush the cashews.
- Strip the mint leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
Prep and cook the fish
- Pat the fish dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
- Juice the lime.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Crush the cashews.
- Strip the mint leaves.
- Toss the slaw ingredients with the dressing base.