Salmon with chile-lime sauce and citrus-cabbage slaw
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo
20 – 25 Minutes
Sweet-tart grapefruit and crunchy cabbage perfectly offset the umami-rich sauce in this paleo-friendly, Thai-inspired fish dinner.
In your bag
- 1 lime
- 1 or 2 cloves peeled fresh garlic
- 3 or 4 sprigs fresh cilantro
- 1 green or red fresh chile (such as jalapeño or serrano) (optional)
- Chile-lime sauce base (maple syrup - fish sauce)
- 1 grapefruit
- 1 ounce roasted cashews
- 2 or 3 sprigs fresh mint
- Slaw dressing base (maple syrup - red wine vinegar - ginger)
- ½ pound mixed shredded cabbage (such as red and Savoy)
- Fish options:
- 2 wild Alaskan skin-on salmon fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 wild Alaskan skinless halibut fillets (about 5 ounces each)
When zesting the lime, try to remove only the outermost colored portion of the rind, or zest, and as little of the white pith beneath as possible. The zest holds all the fragrant essential oils, while the pith tastes bitter.
Calories: 590, Protein: 38g (76% DV), Fiber: 6g (24% DV), Total Fat: 33g (51% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 19g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 9g, Saturated Fat: 4g (20% DV), Cholesterol: 55mg (18% DV), Sodium: 750mg (31% DV), Carbohydrates: 43g (14% DV), Total Sugars: 17g, Added Sugars: (Maple Syrup): 11g (22% DV).
Contains: Fish, Tree Nuts
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.