Thai-style pork tenderloin with lemongrass sauce and tomato salad
Paleo, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free
35 – 45 Minutes
Our house-made lemongrass paste give paleo pork tenderloin a Thai-style treatment complete with a rich gluten- and dairy-free coconut milk sauce.
- 1 pork tenderloin (about 1 pound)
- ⅓ cup unsweetened shaved coconut
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek (optional)
- 1 lime
- 1 or 2 shallots
- 3 scallions
- 1 pound grape tomatoes
- Sun Basket lemongrass paste (lemongrass - olive oil - fresh garlic - fresh ginger - turmeric - salt)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 6 or 7 sprigs fresh cilantro
- 3 or 4 sprigs fresh mint
In Step 4, the pan used for the pork may still be hot from the oven when you’re ready to make the sauce, so use an oven mitt before reaching for the handle.
Prep and cook the pork
- Pat the pork dry with a paper towel. Season generously with salt and pepper.
While the pork cooks and rests, toast the coconut and prepare the ingredients for the lemongrass sauce and tomato salad.
Toast the coconut
Prep the lemongrass sauce and tomato salad ingredients
- If using the sambal oelek, divide into two equal portions, one for the lemongrass sauce and one for the tomato salad.
- Juice the lime.
- Peel and thinly slice the shallots.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions on the diagonal. Divide into two equal portions, one for the tomato salad and one for garnish.
- Cut the grape tomatoes in half.
Make the lemongrass sauce
Remove from the heat and stir in the lime juice and half the fish sauce. Season to taste with salt, pepper, and more fish sauce, if desired.
While the sauce cooks, prepare the herbs and toss the tomato salad.
Finish the tomato salad
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
- Strip the mint leaves from the stems; coarsely tear the leaves.
- Prepare the coconut for toasting.
- Juice the lime.
- Prep the mint and toss the tomato salad.
- Sprinkle the coconut on the salad.
- Serve the meal.
Nutrition per serving: Protein: 32g (64% DV), Fiber: 4g (16% DV), Total Fat: 28g (43% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 14g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g, Saturated Fat: 9g (45% DV), Cholesterol: 80mg (27% DV), Sodium: 790mg (33% DV), Carbohydrates: 16g (5% DV), Total Sugars: 7g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat.
Contains: Fish, tree nuts.