In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Thai-style salmon with peach-cabbage slaw
Dairy-Free, Paleo, Soy-Free, Carb-Conscious, Gluten-Free, Diabetes-Friendly
2 Servings, 390 Calories/Serving
This Thai-inspired paleo dish features sweet peaches, which perfectly offset the tangy scallion-lime sauce in our one-pan fish meal.
In your bag
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- 3 organic scallions
- 1 organic lime
- 1 organic jalapeño or other fresh chile (optional)
- Sun Basket ginger sauce base (fish sauce - lime juice - sambal oelek - ginger - coconut sugar)
- Fish options:
- 2 wild Alaskan skin-on salmon fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 wild skin-on snapper fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 wild Alaskan skinless halibut fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 organic peach or other stone fruit
- 1-inch piece organic fresh ginger
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh mint
- ¼ pound organic shredded red or other cabbage
Calories: 390, Protein: 33g (66% DV), Fiber: 5g (20% DV), Total Fat: 21g (32% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 11g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g, Saturated Fat: 2.5g (13% DV), Cholesterol: 65mg (22% DV), Sodium: 540mg (23% DV), Carbohydrates: 19g (6% DV), Total Sugars: 10g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Fish (anchovy), Tree Nuts (coconut)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Make the scallion-lime sauce
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure ½ teaspoon [1 tsp].
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; finely chop the scallions.
- Zest and juice the lime, keeping the zest and juice separate (the juice will be divided between the sauce and the slaw).
- If using the jalapeño, remove the stem; thinly slice the jalapeño crosswise. Wash your hands after handling.
Prep and cook the fish
- Pat the fish dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
While the fish cooks, prepare the slaw.
Make the peach-cabbage slaw
- Cut the peach in half and remove the pit; thinly slice the fruit.
- Grate or peel and finely chop enough ginger to measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp].
- Strip the mint leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Juice the lime.
- Measure the ginger.
- Strip the mint leaves.
- Assemble the slaw.
“Unique combinations I never thought about putting together!” —Stacy V.