In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Thai-style salmon with peach-cabbage slaw
Dairy-Free, Paleo, Carb-Conscious, Gluten-Free, Diabetes-Friendly, Soy-Free
2 Servings, 390 Calories/Serving
This Thai-inspired paleo dish features sweet peaches, which perfectly offset the tangy scallion-lime sauce in our one-pan fish meal.
In your bag
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- 3 organic scallions
- 1 organic lime
- 1 organic jalapeño or other fresh chile (optional)
- Sun Basket ginger sauce base (fish sauce - lime juice - sambal oelek - ginger - coconut sugar)
- Fish options:
- 2 wild Alaskan skin-on salmon fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 wild skin-on snapper fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 wild Alaskan skinless halibut fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 organic peach or other stone fruit
- 1-inch piece organic fresh ginger
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh mint
- ¼ pound organic shredded red or other cabbage
Prepare a medium-hot fire in a grill. Set the fish on the grill directly over the heat (skin side down for the salmon or snapper) and cook, turning once, until the fish is opaque and flaky (and the salmon or snapper skin is crisp), about 5 minutes per side.
Calories: 390, Protein: 33g (66% DV), Fiber: 5g (20% DV), Total Fat: 21g (32% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 11g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g, Saturated Fat: 2.5g (13% DV), Cholesterol: 65mg (22% DV), Sodium: 540mg (23% DV), Carbohydrates: 19g (6% DV), Total Sugars: 10g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Fish (anchovy), Tree Nuts (coconut)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Make the scallion-lime sauce
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure ½ teaspoon [1 tsp].
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; finely chop the scallions.
- Zest and juice the lime, keeping the zest and juice separate (the juice will be divided between the sauce and the slaw).
- If using the jalapeño, remove the stem; thinly slice the jalapeño crosswise. Wash your hands after handling.
Prep and cook the fish
- Pat the fish dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
While the fish cooks, prepare the slaw.
Make the peach-cabbage slaw
- Cut the peach in half and remove the pit; thinly slice the fruit.
- Grate or peel and finely chop enough ginger to measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp].
- Strip the mint leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Juice the lime.
- Measure the ginger.
- Strip the mint leaves.
- Assemble the slaw.
“Unique combinations I never thought about putting together!” —Stacy V.