In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Thai-style spicy yuba noodle soup with potatoes and bell pepper
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Vegan, Carb-Conscious, Spicy, <600 Calories
2 Servings, 450 Calories/Serving
It’s no secret that we love lemongrass. With hints of lemon and ginger, this tropical herb teams up with creamy coconut milk and juicy tomatoes to create a luscious soup base.
In your bag
- 1 organic red or other bell pepper
- ¼ pound organic gold or red new potatoes
- 3 organic scallions
- Sunbasket lemongrass paste (lemongrass - extra virgin olive oil - garlic - ginger - turmeric)
- 2 teaspoons kimchi chile flakes (optional)
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- ½ cup coconut milk
- ¼ pound Hodo organic spicy yuba noodles
Nutrition per serving
Calories 450, Total Fat 27g (35% DV), Sat. Fat 11g (55% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 0mg (0% DV), Sodium 340mg (15% DV), Total Carb. 38g (14% DV), Fiber 9g (32% DV), Total Sugars 10g (Incl. 1g Added Sugars, 2% DV), Protein 15g
Contains: Tree Nuts (coconut), Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the soup ingredients
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the bell pepper; coarsely chop the pepper.
- Scrub the potatoes. Cut the potatoes into ½-inch pieces.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions on the diagonal, keeping the light and dark green parts separate. Set aside the dark green parts for garnish.
Cook the soup
In a large sauce pot over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the bell pepper, potatoes, and light parts of the scallions, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the bell pepper starts to soften, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the lemongrass paste and as much kimchi chile as you like and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
Add the tomatoes, coconut milk, and 1 cup [2 cups] water and bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes are tender, 10 to 12 minutes. Stir in the yuba noodles and cook until heated through, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the soup to individual bowls. Garnish with the dark green parts of the scallions and as much of the remaining kimchi chile as you like and serve.
- Scrub the potatoes.
- Separate the light and dark green parts of the scallions.
- Measure the water for the soup.
- Time the cooking.
- Garnish with the scallions.