In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Thai tofu panang curry with jasmine rice
Gluten-Free, Vegan, Dairy-Free
2 Servings, 870 Calories/Serving
Our vegetarian curry uses organic tofu, fresh Thai basil, our signature curry paste, and optional spicy sambal oelek for restaurant-worthy flavor.
In your bag
- ¾ cup jasmine rice
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 lime
- 2 kaffir (makrut) lime leaves
- 1 red bell pepper
- ¾ pound Hodo Soy firm tofu
- Sun Basket panang curry paste (diced green chiles - lemongrass - olive oil - fresh garlic - fresh ginger - turmeric - coriander - cumin - ancho chile powder - cardamom)
- ½ cup diced tomatoes
- 1 cup coconut milk
- ⅓ cup peas
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek (optional)
- 3 tablespoons roasted cashews
- 2 or 3 sprigs fresh Thai basil
Calories: 870, Protein: 43g (86% DV), Fiber: 17g (68% DV), Total Fat: 42g (65% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 23g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 7g, Saturated Fat: 12g (60% DV), Cholesterol: 0mg (0% DV), Sodium: 220mg (9% DV), Carbohydrates: 83g (28% DV), Total Sugars: 15g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts, Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice
- Rinse the rice.
While the rice cooks, prepare the curry ingredients and the tofu.
Prep the curry ingredients
- Peel and thinly slice enough yellow onion to measure 1 cup.
- Zest the lime. Juice half for the curry and cut half into wedges for garnish.
- Tear the lime leaves in several places, keeping the leaves whole.
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the bell pepper; coarsely chop the pepper.
Sear the tofu
- Stand the tofu up and cut in half lengthwise to create two ½-inch-thick sheets. Lay the sheets flat and cut crosswise into ½-inch-thick strips.
Cook the curry
Remove from the heat and stir in the lime juice and as much sambal oelek as you like. Discard the lime leaves and season to taste with salt and pepper.
When the curry is almost done, prepare the garnishes.
Prep the garnishes
- Using the bottom of a bowl or cup, lightly crush the cashews.
- Strip the Thai basil leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.