In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Thai turkey lettuce cups
Lean & Clean, Carb-Conscious, Soy-Free, Paleo, Dairy-Free, Family-Friendly, Gluten-Free
2 Servings, 540 Calories/Serving
Gluten-free, paleo, fast, and deeply flavorful, there’s a lot to love about Sun Basket’s refreshing take on a classic Thai salad.
In your bag
- 10 ounces ground turkey
- Sun Basket lemongrass paste (lemongrass - EVOO - garlic - ginger - turmeric)
- ¼ pound organic grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 head organic Artisan or other lettuce
- 3 tablespoons cashews
- 1 organic lime
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh Thai basil
- Sun Basket Thai dressing (maple syrup - lime juice - fish sauce)
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek (optional)
- 2 ounces organic shredded carrots
Shine from the Inside Out
Physical activity benefits both the body and the mind. Exercise produces endorphins, which lift your mood. They also curb the stress hormone cortisol and elicit calming brain chemicals, like serotonin and dopamine. Movement can improve our cognition as well, boosting our executive function and decision-making skills. This translates into more thoughtful—and often healthier—food choices.
Sambal oelek is one of our favorite tools to bring heat and flavor to a dish. Sambal is an Indonesian term for a sauce made with chiles, and oelek refers to the mortar and pestle traditionally used to make it. We recommend stirring in one-third for mild heat, two-thirds for medium, and all of it if you like things super spicy.
Calories: 540, Protein: 28g (56% DV), Fiber: 5g (20% DV), Total Fat: 35g (54% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 19g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g, Saturated Fat: 6g (30% DV), Cholesterol: 75mg (25% DV), Sodium: 880mg (37% DV), Carbohydrates: 34g (11% DV), Total Sugars: 12g, Added Sugars: 8g (16% DV).
Contains: Fish (anchovy), Tree Nuts (cashew)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the turkey
- Cut a small corner from the ground turkey packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
While the turkey cooks, start preparing the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients; make the salad
- Cut the tomatoes in half.
- Trim the root end from the lettuce; separate the leaves.
- Using the bottom of a bowl or cup, lightly crush the cashews.
- Cut the lime into wedges.
- Strip the Thai basil leaves from the stems; tear any larger leaves, keeping smaller ones whole.
- Separate the lettuce leaves.
- Crush the cashews.
- Strip and tear the basil leaves.
- Top the salad with cashews, carrots, and basil.
“So easy and healthy and perfect for warmer weather!” —Anne F.