In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Thai turkey pad see ew with “zoodles”
Paleo, Dairy-Free, Lean & Clean, Soy-Free, Gluten-Free, Carb-Conscious, Mediterranean, Diabetes-Friendly
2 Servings, 450 Calories/Serving
Featuring zucchini ribbons, crisp vegetables, and your choice of protein, this delectable paleo stir-fry brings the taste of Thailand into your home.
In your bag
- 2 organic zucchini or yellow squash
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- 1 organic carrot
- 1 small bunch organic broccoli leaves or other leafy greens (about 6 ounces)
- Sun Basket hoisin sauce base (almond butter - coconut aminos - pumpkin puree - dried plums - molasses - coconut vinegar - toasted sesame oil - kosher salt - granulated garlic)
- Sun Basket sesame dressing base (coconut aminos - coconut vinegar - toasted sesame oil)
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 organic egg
Calories: 450, Protein: 39g (78% DV), Fiber: 9g (36% DV), Total Fat: 20g (31% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 3g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g, Saturated Fat: 4.5g (23% DV), Cholesterol: 180mg (60% DV), Sodium: 700mg (29% DV), Carbohydrates: 38g (13% DV), Total Sugars: 11g, Added Sugars: 1g (2% DV).
Contains: Eggs, Fish (anchovy), Tree Nuts (almond)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the “zoodles”
- Lay the zucchini flat. Trim and discard the round end. Holding the stem end secure, using a peeler, shave the zucchini lengthwise into thin ribbons. Pat dry with a paper towel.
Prep your protein
- Turkey, chicken, beef, lamb, or pork: Cut a small corner from the ground meat packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
- Shrimp:Rinse and drain the shrimp. Pat dry on a paper-towel-lined plate.
- Tofu: Pat the tofu dry with paper towels; cut into ½-inch cubes.
Prep the remaining ingredients
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp].
- Scrub or peel the carrot and trim the ends; cut the carrot on the diagonal into ¼-inch-thick slices.
- Remove any coarse stems from the broccoli leaves; coarsely chop the leaves.
- In a small bowl, stir together the hoisin sauce base, half the sesame dressing base, and half the fish sauce. Add more sesame dressing base and fish sauce to taste.
Cook your protein and vegetables
Stir in the carrot and broccoli leaves and cook until crisp-tender, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in the hoisin-sesame mixture and cook until your protein is cooked through, about 1 minute. Add the zucchini and toss to coat.
Cook the egg; finish the pad see ew
- Pat the zucchini dry.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Scrub the carrot.
- Stir the hoisin-sesame mixture.
- Time the cooking.