In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Thai turkey salad with cabbage, basil, and cashews
Paleo, Carb-Conscious, Mediterranean, Soy-Free, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Lean & Clean
2 Servings, 590 Calories/Serving
This Thai-inspired salad is one tasty treat with a capital “T.” It’s got everything: your choice of protein with toasted coconut, aromatic Thai basil, crunchy red radishes, and citrusy lemongrass paste.
In your bag
- 3 tablespoons shredded coconut
- Sunbasket lemongrass paste (lemongrass - extra virgin olive oil - garlic - ginger - turmeric)
- 1 organic lime
- 2 or 3 organic radishes (about 2 ounces total)
- 1 wedge organic Savoy or other cabbage (about 7 ounces)
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh Thai basil
- Sunbasket Thai dressing base (coconut vinegar - maple syrup - fish sauce)
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek (optional)
- 3 tablespoons dry-roasted cashews
Calories: 590, Protein: 28g (56% DV), Fiber: 7g (28% DV), Total Fat: 44g (68% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 19g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g, Saturated Fat: 12g (60% DV), Cholesterol: 75mg (25% DV), Sodium: 690mg (29% DV), Carbohydrates: 30g (10% DV), Total Sugars: 11g, Added Sugars: 6g (12% DV).
Contains: Fish (anchovy), Tree Nuts (cashew, coconut)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Toast the coconut
In a dry large frying pan over medium heat, toast the coconut, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned and fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer the coconut to a plate to cool. Wipe the pan clean.
Prep your protein
- Ground meat (including plant-based): Cut a small corner from the ground meat packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
- Shrimp: Rinse and drain the shrimp. Pat dry on a paper-towel-lined plate.
- Plant-based chicken: Pat the plant-based chicken dry with a paper towel.
Cook your protein
In the same pan used for the coconut, warm 1 to 2 teaspoons oil over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Add your protein and cook, stirring and breaking up the ground meat if using, until the protein is browned and cooked through, 2 to 4 minutes for regular shrimp, 4 to 6 minutes for jumbo shrimp or plant-based chicken, and 5 to 7 minutes for ground meat. Stir in the lemongrass paste and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Remove from the heat. While your protein is cooking, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients
- Juice the lime.
- Cut the radishes in half, then cut the halves into thin half-moons.
- Cut away any core from the cabbage; thinly slice the cabbage.
- Strip the basil leaves from the stems; tear any larger leaves, keeping smaller ones whole.
Make the dressing; assemble the salad
In a large bowl, stir together the Thai dressing base, lime juice, 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] oil, and as much sambal oelek as you like. Season to taste with salt. Add the coconut, your protein, radishes, cabbage, basil, and cashews and toss to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the salad to individual bowls and serve.
- Time the cooking.
- Juice the lime.
- Strip and tear the basil leaves.
- Add the salad ingredients to the bowl.