Thai turkey salad with cabbage, basil, and cashews
Paleo, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free
With its vibrant flavors, this paleo and gluten-free dinner (or lunch) in a bowl transports you to a street stall in Thailand.
In your bag
- ¼ cup shredded coconut
- 10 ounces ground turkey
- Sun Basket lemongrass paste (lemongrass - EVOO - fresh garlic - fresh ginger - ground turmeric)
- 1 organic lime
- 2 or 3 organic radishes (about 2 ounces total)
- 1 wedge organic Savoy or other cabbage (about 7 ounces)
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh basil
- Sun Basket Thai dressing base (coconut vinegar - maple syrup - fish sauce)
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek (optional)
- 3 tablespoons roasted cashews
Sambal oelek is one of our favorite tools to add heat and flavor to a dish. Sambal is an Indonesian term for a sauce made from chiles, and oelek refers to the mortar and pestle traditionally used to make it. We recommend stirring in half for mild heat and the full quantity for medium.
Calories: 670, Protein: 33g (66% DV), Fiber: 6g (24% DV), Total Fat: 49g (75% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 25g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 8g, Saturated Fat: 13g (65% DV), Cholesterol: 105mg (35% DV), Sodium: 710mg (30% DV), Carbohydrates: 30g (10% DV), Total Sugars: 12g, Added Sugars: (maple syrup): 6g (12% DV).
Contains: Fish, Tree Nuts
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.