In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Three-bean quesadillas with broccoli slaw
Soy-Free, Vegetarian, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 630 Calories/Serving
Three kinds of beans plus a chocolaty mole poblano spice blend make these kid-friendly quesadillas interesting enough for grown-ups. Our quick and crunchy broccoli slaw includes nutty pumpkin seeds for an easy-to-love side.
In your bag
- 4 scallions
- 1 cup cooked black beans
- ½ cup cooked white beans
- ½ cup cooked pinto beans
- 1 tablespoon mole poblano spice blend
- ¾ cup diced tomatoes
- ½ cup diced mild green chiles
- 4 whole wheat tortillas
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend (Monterey jack - sharp cheddar - queso blanco - asadero)
- 1 lemon
- Fresh cilantro
- 3 cups broccoli slaw mix (broccoli - red cabbage - carrots)
- ¼ cup roasted pumpkin seeds
- ⅓ cup Greek yogurt
Calories 630, Total Fat 38g (49% DV), Sat. Fat 11g (55% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 45mg (15% DV), Sodium 760mg (33% DV), Total Carb. 54g (20% DV), Fiber 24g (86% DV), Total Sugars 8g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 35g
Contains: Milk, Wheat
Wash produce before use
Prep the scallions and beans
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions, keeping the white and green parts separate. Set aside the white parts for the beans and the green parts for the slaw and garnish.
- Rinse all the beans.
Cook the beans
Add all the beans, tomatoes, green chiles, and ¼ cup water and season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce to a vigorous simmer, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the liquid is mostly evaporated and the beans are warmed through, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer the beans to a medium bowl. Wipe out the pan.
Assemble the quesadillas
Cook the quesadillas
While the quesadillas cook, prepare the slaw.
Make the slaw
- Juice half the lemon.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro; set aside half for garnish.
Ingredient IQ In Mexican cooking, a mole is a kind of sauce, often prepared over days with a long list of ingredients. Mole poblano can contain a dozen or more dried herbs and spices; cinnamon and cocoa powder make it earthy and subtly sweet.
- Rinse all the beans.
- Assemble the quesadillas.
- Juice the lemon and make the slaw.
- Serve the meal.
- Help clean up.