In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Three-mushroom risotto with wilted greens and hazelnuts
Soy-Free, Dairy-Free, Vegan, Gluten-Free
2 Servings, 590 Calories/Serving
This vegan, gluten-free risotto is a major umami bomb, with three kinds of mushrooms, plus nutritional yeast as vegan alternative to Parmesan.
In your bag
- 1 organic red onion
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- ¾ cup Arborio rice
- Sun Basket mushroom seasoning (nutritional yeast - porcini powder)
- 5 ounces organic cremini or other button mushrooms
- 3½ ounces organic beech or other specialty mushrooms
- 6 ounces organic baby spinach or other leafy greens
- 3 tablespoons roasted hazelnuts
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 organic lemon
Calories: 590, Protein: 16g (32% DV), Fiber: 10g (40% DV), Total Fat: 24g (37% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 18g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2.5g, Saturated Fat: 2.5g (13% DV), Cholesterol: 0mg (0% DV), Sodium: 105mg (4% DV), Carbohydrates: 82g (27% DV), Total Sugars: 7g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts (hazelnut)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the onion and garlic
- Peel and finely chop the onion.
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp].
Start the risotto
Add the mushroom seasoning and 3 cups [5 cups] water and bring to a boil. Reduce to a vigorous simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until the rice is tender and most of the liquid is absorbed, 13 to 18 minutes, adding more water as needed to reach the desired consistency.
While the risotto cooks, prepare the mushrooms and spinach.
Prep and cook the mushrooms and spinach
- Thinly slice the cremini mushrooms.
- Trim the stem ends from the beech mushrooms; separate the mushrooms into small bunches.
While the mushrooms and spinach cook, prepare the garnishes.
Prep the garnishes; finish the risotto
- Using the bottom of a bowl or cup, lightly crush the hazelnuts.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Cut the lemon into wedges. [Cut 1 lemon into wedges; save the remaining lemon.]
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Separate the beech mushrooms into small bunches.
- Crush the hazelnuts.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems.
- Garnish the risotto.