In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Toasted millet salad with tomatoes, chickpeas, and harissa
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Lean & Clean, Vegetarian, <600 Calories
2 Servings, 580 Calories/Serving
Nutty and nourishing, millet plays a leading role in this North African-inspired gluten-free meal, tossed with a vibrant, easy harissa.
In your bag
- ¼ cup millet
- 10 ounces baby broccoli
- 1 or 2 shallots
- Peeled fresh garlic
- 1 lemon
- ½ teaspoon harissa powder
- ½ cup cooked black beans
- ½ cup cooked chickpeas
- 3 ounces cherry tomatoes
- Fresh cilantro
- 2 ounces pea shoots
Total Fat 28g (36% DV), Sat. Fat 3.5g (18% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 0mg (0% DV), Sodium 530mg (23% DV), Total Carb. 60g (22% DV), Fiber 15g (54% DV), Total Sugars 6g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 22g
Wash produce before use
Cook the millet
Add the millet to the boiling water, reduce to a simmer, and cook until the millet is just tender, 15 to 18 minutes. Drain in a fine-mesh strainer and return the millet to the pot. Fluff with a fork, cover, and keep warm.
While the millet cooks, prepare the baby broccoli.
Prep and cook the baby broccoli
- Trim the root ends from the baby broccoli.
- Peel and thinly slice the shallots.
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon.
While the broccoli cooks, prepare the harissa and salad.
Prep the harissa
- Zest and juice the lemon.
Make the salad
- Rinse the black beans and chickpeas.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro; set aside half for garnish.