In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Tofu burger pita pockets with Greek salad, tzatziki, and potato hash
4 Servings, 710 Calories/Serving
These Mediterranean-inspired vegetarian burgers make an easy weeknighter, rubbed with a small bazaar of spices and paired with a tangy roasted potato hash.
In your bag
- 1 pound Yukon Gold potatoes
- 2 red onions
- 2 red bell peppers
- 1 poblano (optional)
- 1 cucumber
- 1 lemon
- 2 or 3 sprigs fresh dill
- ⅓ cup Greek yogurt
- Tofu spice rub (granulated garlic - dried oregano - dried thyme - ground cinnamon)
- 4 Hodo Soy tofu burgers
- 1 romaine heart
- ¼ cup pitted Kalamata olives
- ¼ cup crumbled feta
- 2 whole wheat pita breads
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
Calories: 710, Protein: 37g (74% DV), Fiber: 20g (80% DV), Total Fat: 29g (45% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 30g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 7g, Saturated Fat: 3.5g (18% DV), Cholesterol: 10mg (3% DV), Sodium: 910mg (38% DV), Carbohydrates: 80g (27% DV), Total Sugars: 12g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Milk, Wheat, Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ½ teaspoon kosher salt added to the recipe averages 240mg per serving, or 10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat.
Wash produce before use
Prep and roast the potato hash
- Scrub or peel the potatoes. Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise, then cut each half lengthwise into 1-inch-wide wedges.
- Peel the red onions and cut in half. Thinly slice one half and set aside for the salad. Cut the remaining halves into 1-inch-thick wedges.
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the bell peppers and poblano, if using. Cut the peppers lengthwise into 1-inch-wide strips, then crosswise into 1-inch pieces. Wash your hands after handling the poblano.
While the potato hash roasts, prepare the rest of the meal.
Make the tzatziki
- Peel the cucumber, if desired, and trim off the ends; cut the cucumber lengthwise into ¼-inch-thick slices, then crosswise into ¼-inch pieces. Set aside half for the salad.
- Juice the lemon (the juice will be divided between the tzatziki and the salad).
- Coarsely chop the dill; set aside half for the potato hash.
Cook the tofu burgers
- On a plate, spread the spice rub in an even layer; season generously with salt and pepper.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 tablespoon oil until hot but not smoking. Add the tofu burgers and cook, turning once, until lightly browned and heated through, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
While the burgers cook, prepare the salad.
Make the Greek salad
- Trim the root end from the romaine heart.
- Coarsely tear the romaine leaves.
- Coarsely chop the olives.
- Set aside half the feta for the roasted potato hash.
Warm the pita breads; finish the potato hash
Transfer the roasted potato hash to another medium bowl; add the red wine vinegar and remaining feta and dill and stir to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Juice the lemon.
- Stir together the tzatziki.
- Tear the romaine leaves.
- Assemble and toss the salad.
- Build their own pita pockets.