In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Big Sur tofu burgers with sambal ketchup and Brussels sprout–apple slaw
2 Servings, 720 Calories/Serving
With a citrus miso-dressed slaw that features Brussels sprouts, apple, dates, and cashews, along with a lightly spicy sambal ketchup, these plant-based burgers burst with flavor.
In your bag
- 6 ounces organic Brussels sprouts
- 1 organic Granny Smith or other apple
- 2 Medjool dates (with pits)
- 3 tablespoons cashews
- Sunbasket citrus miso dressing (orange juice - sesame oil - miso - lemon juice - gluten-free tamari)
- 2 Hodo organic tofu burgers
- 2 vegan whole wheat buns
- Sunbasket sambal ketchup (cashew butter - sambal oelek - gluten-free tamari - maple syrup - ketchup - rice vinegar - sesame oil)
Calories: 720, Protein: 33g (66% DV), Fiber: 22g (88% DV), Total Fat: 29g (45% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 15g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 8g, Saturated Fat: 3g (15% DV), Cholesterol: 0mg (0% DV), Sodium: 1090mg (45% DV), Carbohydrates: 94g (31% DV), Total Sugars: 32g, Added Sugars: 4g (8% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts (cashew), Wheat, Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Make the Brussels sprout–apple slaw
- Trim the ends from the Brussels sprouts; thinly slice the sprouts.
- Core the apple; using the large holes of a box grater, coarsely grate the apple.
- Pull the dates away from their pits; coarsely chop the dates.
- Using the bottom of a bowl or cup, lightly crush the cashews.
Cook the burgers
Toast the buns
- Pull the dates away from the pits.
- Lightly crush the cashews.
- Assemble the slaw.
- Spoon the slaw on the burgers.