In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Tofu burgers with tonkatsu sauce and citrus-miso cabbage salad
Dairy-Free, Vegan, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 570 Calories/Serving
Japanese tonkatsu gets a vegan twist: we slather the finger-licking, ketchup-based sauce on our favorite tofu burgers and serve it with a citrus-miso-dressed cabbage salad.
In your bag
- 2 Hodo organic tofu burgers
- ¼ pound organic grape or cherry tomatoes
- 3 organic scallions
- 5 ounces organic shredded green or other cabbage
- 2 ounces organic shredded carrots
- Sunbasket citrus-miso dressing (orange juice - toasted sesame oil - miso - lemon juice - gluten-free tamari)
- 2 vegan whole wheat buns
- Sunbasket tonkatsu blend (ketchup - vegan Worcestershire - maple syrup)
Calories 570, Total Fat 24g (31% DV), Sat. Fat 2.5g (13% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 0mg (0% DV), Sodium 1250mg (54% DV), Total Carb. 67g (24% DV), Fiber 18g (64% DV), Total Sugars 16g (Incl. 6g Added Sugars, 12% DV), Protein 30g
Contains: Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Cook the burgers
While the burgers cook, prepare the salad.
Make the citrus-miso cabbage salad
- Cut the tomatoes in half.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions on the diagonal.
- Set aside ¼ cup [½ cup] cabbage for the burgers.
Toast the buns; assemble the burgers
Place the bun bottoms, cut sides up, on a work surface and top each with a tofu burger. Slather with the tonkatsu blend and top each with half the reserved cabbage. Close with the bun tops.
- Measure the cabbage.
- Assemble the cabbage salad.
- Help assemble the burgers.