In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Tofu fried rice with bok choy and peas
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Vegan, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 750 Calories/Serving
For super-crispy fried rice, we uncover freshly cooked rice and keep it over the heat for a few more minutes after it’s done. This dries out the grains to yield the most glorious bite.
In your bag
- ¾ cup jasmine rice
- 10 ounces Hodo organic firm tofu
- Sunbasket vegan “oyster sauce” blend (gluten-free tamari - coconut aminos - canola oil - miso - dried plums - garlic - molasses - ginger - porcini powder)
- 3 organic scallions
- 1 head organic baby bok choy
- ½ cup organic mirepoix (onions - carrots - celery)
- ¼ cup peas
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
Calories 750, Total Fat 26g (33% DV), Sat. Fat 3g (15% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 0mg (0% DV), Sodium 650mg (28% DV), Total Carb. 93g (34% DV), Fiber 11g (39% DV), Total Sugars 8g (Incl. 1g Added Sugars, 2% DV), Protein 32g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice
- Rinse the rice.
In a small sauce pot, combine the rice and 1¼ cups [2¼ cups] water. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook until the rice is tender and the liquid is absorbed, about 15 minutes. Uncover and continue cooking until the rice is slightly dry, 3 to 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork, cover, and keep warm. While the rice is cooking, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Marinate the tofu; prep the remaining ingredients
- Pat the tofu dry and cut it into ¼-inch pieces. Transfer to a medium bowl, add the “oyster sauce” blend, and stir to combine.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions on the diagonal, keeping the white and green parts separate. Set aside the green parts for garnish.
- Trim the root ends from the bok choy; cut the bok choy in half lengthwise, then thinly slice on the diagonal.
Cook the fried rice
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the mirepoix and white parts of the scallions, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until starting to soften, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the tofu and marinade and cook, stirring occasionally, until the tofu starts to brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the bok choy and rice and cook until the bok choy starts to wilt, 1 to 2 minutes.
Remove from the heat and stir in the peas and sesame oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the fried rice to individual bowls, garnish with the green parts of the scallions, and serve.
- Rinse the rice.
- Measure the water for the rice.
- Stir the tofu and “oyster sauce” blend.
- Separate the white and green parts of the scallions.
- Garnish with the scallions.