In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Tofu fried rice with bok choy and peas
Gluten-Free, Vegan, Dairy-Free, Family-Friendly
2 Servings, 730 Calories/Serving
With tofu, rice, and plenty of vegetables, this fried rice is healthy for sure. And thanks to our vegan oyster sauce, it’s incredibly delicious. What more can you ask for?
In your bag
- ¾ cup jasmine rice
- 3 organic scallions
- ½ pound Hodo organic braised tofu
- 1 or 2 heads organic baby bok choy (about ½ pound total)
- ½ cup organic mirepoix (onions - carrots - celery)
- ¼ cup peas
- Sunbasket vegan “oyster sauce” blend (gluten-free tamari - coconut aminos - canola oil - miso - dried plums - fresh garlic - molasses - fresh ginger - porcini powder)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
Calories: 730, Protein: 28g (56% DV), Fiber: 6g (24% DV), Total Fat: 27g (42% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 12g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 7g, Saturated Fat: 2g (10% DV), Cholesterol: 0mg (0% DV), Sodium: 850mg (35% DV), Carbohydrates: 90g (30% DV), Total Sugars: 7g, Added Sugars: (molasses, tofu contains brown sugar): 1g (2% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts (coconut), Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice
- Rinse the rice.
While the rice cooks, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions on the diagonal, keeping the white and green parts separate. Set aside the green parts for garnish.
- Cut the tofu into ¼-inch pieces.
- Trim the root ends from the bok choy; cut the bok choy in half lengthwise, then thinly slice on the diagonal.
Cook the fried rice
Remove from the heat and stir in the peas, “oyster sauce” blend, and sesame oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Rinse the rice.
- Measure the water for the rice.
- Separate the white and green parts of the scallions.
- Garnish with the scallions.