In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Tofu mole tacos with avocado and jicama sticks
Gluten-Free Friendly, Vegetarian, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 530 Calories/Serving
Expand the kids’ palates (and your own) with an exciting cocoa-cinnamon mole spice blend. These vegetarian tofu tacos are both full of flavor and easy to make.
In your bag
- 1 red bell pepper
- ¾ pound Hodo firm tofu
- Sunbasket mole poblano (ground ancho chile - sesame seeds - granulated garlic - coconut sugar - cocoa powder - sweet smoked paprika - cinnamon)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 scallions
- 16 Mi Rancho 100% corn tortillas
- ½ pound jicama
- 2 limes
- 6 or 7 sprigs fresh cilantro
- 3 or 4 red radishes
- 1 avocado
- 2 ounces pickled jalapeños (optional)
- ⅓ cup Greek yogurt
Calories 530, Total Fat 21g (27% DV), Sat. Fat 3.5g (18% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 0mg (0% DV), Sodium 115mg (5% DV), Total Carb. 64g (23% DV), Fiber 20g (71% DV), Total Sugars 13g, Protein 26g
Contains: Milk, Tree Nuts, Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the tofu
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the bell pepper; cut the bell pepper into ½-inch-wide strips, then crosswise into ½-inch pieces.
- In a medium bowl, coarsely crumble the tofu into ½-inch pieces. Stir in the mole poblano and tomato paste and season with salt.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions.
Remove from the heat, stir in the scallions, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
While the tofu cooks, heat the tortillas.
Warm the tortillas
- Remove 12 tortillas from the package; save the rest for another use.
While the tortillas warm, prepare the jicama.
Prep the jicama
- Using a sharp knife or a peeler, remove the peel from the jicama; cut the white flesh into ½-inch-thick slices, then cut the slices lengthwise into ½-inch-thick sticks.
- Juice 1 lime.
- Cut the remaining lime into wedges for garnish.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro. Set aside half for garnish.
Prepare the garnishes
- Trim the ends from the radishes. Cut them in half, then cut the halves into thin half-moons.
- Cut the avocado in half lengthwise. Remove the pit, scoop out the flesh, and cut the flesh into ¼-inch-thick slices.
- Crumble the tofu.
- Mix the tofu, mole poblano, and tomato paste.
- Count out the tortillas; get them ready to heat.
- Juice the lime.
- Toss the jicama sticks.