Tofu mole tacos with jicama, radish, and avocado crema
Gluten Free, Vegetarian
25 – 35 Minutes
In these fast gluten-free and vegetarian tacos, crumbled tofu takes on savory richness when cooked in a mole poblano spice blend spiked with cinnamon and cocoa.
- ¾ pound Hodo Soy firm tofu
- 1½ tablespoons mole poblano
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 scallions
- 1 lime
- Fresh cilantro
- 2 or 3 red radishes
- ½ pound jicama sticks
- 8 Mi Rancho 100% corn tortillas
- Avocado crema (avocado - milk - salt - ascorbic acid)
- 2 ounces pickled jalapeños (optional)
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt
Cook the tofu
- In a small bowl, coarsely crumble the tofu into ½-inch pieces. Stir in the mole poblano and tomato paste and season with salt.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions.
Remove from the heat, stir in the scallions, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
While the tofu cooks, prepare the garnishes.
Prep the garnishes
- Juice half the lime; cut half into wedges.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro. Divide into two equal portions, one for the jicama and one for garnish.
- Trim the ends from the radishes. Cut them in half, then cut the halves into thin half-moons.
Heat the tortillas
- Remove 6 tortillas from the package; save the rest for another use.
Chef’s tip: You can turn your remaining tortillas into chips: Heat the oven to 350°F. Cut the tortillas into wedges. On a sheet pan, drizzle the wedges with 1 to 2 teaspoons neutral oil, season generously with salt and pepper, and toss to coat. Bake until crisp, 10 to 12 minutes.
Nutrition per serving: Protein: 46g (92% DV), Fiber: 24g (96% DV), Total Fat: 20g (31% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 7g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Saturated Fat: 5g (25% DV), Cholesterol: 5mg (2% DV), Sodium: 810mg (34% DV), Carbohydrates: 79g (26% DV), Total Sugars: 13g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat.
Contains: milk, soy.