In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Tofu mole tacos with apple salad and avocado
2 Servings, 750 Calories/Serving
In these fast gluten-free and vegetarian tacos, crumbled tofu takes on savory richness when cooked in a mole poblano spice blend spiked with cinnamon and cocoa.
In your bag
- ¾ pound Hodo Soy firm tofu
- Sun Basket mole poblano seasoning blend (ancho chile powder - sesame seeds - granulated garlic - coconut sugar - cocoa powder - sweet smoked paprika - cinnamon)
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 3 scallions
- 1 apple such as Fuji
- 1 lime
- 3 or 4 sprigs fresh cilantro or other leafy herb such as parsley
- 2 or 3 radishes (about 2 ounces total)
- 1 avocado
- 8 Mi Rancho 100% corn tortillas
- 2 ounces pickled jalapeños (optional)
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt
Calories: 750, Protein: 44g (88% DV), Fiber: 26g (104% DV), Total Fat: 30g (46% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 13g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g, Saturated Fat: 6g (30% DV), Cholesterol: 5mg (2% DV), Sodium: 350mg (15% DV), Carbohydrates: 81g (27% DV), Total Sugars: 22g, Added Sugars: (Coconut Sugar): 1g (2% DV).
Contains: Milk, Tree Nuts, Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the tofu
- In a medium bowl, crumble the tofu into ½-inch pieces. Add the mole poblano seasoning blend and tomato paste and stir to combine.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions.
While the tofu cooks, prepare the apple salad and garnishes.
Prep the apple salad and garnishes
- Cut the apple into quarters lengthwise and cut away the core; cut each quarter lengthwise into ½-inch-thick slices.
- Juice half the lime; cut half into wedges. [Juice 1 lime; cut the remaining lime into wedges.]
- If desired, strip the cilantro leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the cilantro. Set aside half for garnish.
- Trim the ends from the radishes. Cut them in half, then cut the halves into thin half-moons.
- Cut the avocado in half lengthwise. Remove the pit, scoop out the flesh, and cut the flesh into ¼-inch-thick slices.
Warm the tortillas
- Remove 6  tortillas from the package; save the rest for another use.
- Crumble the tofu.
- Juice the lime.
- Scoop out the avocado.
- Toss the apple salad.