In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Tofu mole tacos with apple salad and avocado
2 Servings, 750 Calories/Serving
In these fast gluten-free and vegetarian tacos, crumbled tofu takes on savory richness when cooked in a mole poblano spice blend spiked with cinnamon and cocoa.
In your bag
- ¾ pound Hodo Soy firm tofu
- Sun Basket mole poblano seasoning blend (ancho chile powder - sesame seeds - granulated garlic - coconut sugar - cocoa powder - sweet smoked paprika - cinnamon)
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 3 scallions
- 1 apple such as Fuji
- 1 lime
- 3 or 4 sprigs fresh cilantro or other leafy herb such as parsley
- 2 or 3 radishes (about 2 ounces total)
- 1 avocado
- 8 Mi Rancho 100% corn tortillas
- 2 ounces pickled jalapeños (optional)
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt
You can turn your remaining tortillas into chips: Heat the oven to 350°F. Cut the tortillas into wedges. On a sheet pan, drizzle the wedges with 1 to 2 teaspoons neutral oil, season generously with salt and pepper, and toss to coat. Bake until crisp, 10 to 12 minutes.
Make It Ahead
The tofu (Step 1) can be prepared up to 1 day ahead. Let cool, then cover and refrigerate overnight. When ready to serve, gently rewarm the tofu, adding 1 tablespoon water to thin the filling if needed, as you proceed with the rest of the recipe.
Calories: 750, Protein: 44g (88% DV), Fiber: 26g (104% DV), Total Fat: 30g (46% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 13g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g, Saturated Fat: 6g (30% DV), Cholesterol: 5mg (2% DV), Sodium: 350mg (15% DV), Carbohydrates: 81g (27% DV), Total Sugars: 22g, Added Sugars: (Coconut Sugar): 1g (2% DV).
Contains: Milk, Tree Nuts, Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the tofu
- In a medium bowl, crumble the tofu into ½-inch pieces. Add the mole poblano seasoning blend and tomato paste and stir to combine.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions.
While the tofu cooks, prepare the apple salad and garnishes.
Prep the apple salad and garnishes
- Cut the apple into quarters lengthwise and cut away the core; cut each quarter lengthwise into ½-inch-thick slices.
- Juice half the lime; cut half into wedges. [Juice 1 lime; cut the remaining lime into wedges.]
- If desired, strip the cilantro leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the cilantro. Set aside half for garnish.
- Trim the ends from the radishes. Cut them in half, then cut the halves into thin half-moons.
- Cut the avocado in half lengthwise. Remove the pit, scoop out the flesh, and cut the flesh into ¼-inch-thick slices.
Warm the tortillas
- Remove 6  tortillas from the package; save the rest for another use.
- Crumble the tofu.
- Juice the lime.
- Scoop out the avocado.
- Toss the apple salad.