Tofu mole tacos with apple salad and avocado
25 – 40 Minutes
In these fast gluten-free and vegetarian tacos, crumbled tofu takes on savory richness when cooked in a mole poblano spice blend spiked with cinnamon and cocoa.
In your bag
- ¾ pound Hodo Soy firm tofu
- Sun Basket mole poblano seasoning blend (ancho chile powder - sesame seeds - granulated garlic - coconut sugar - cocoa powder - sweet smoked paprika - cinnamon)
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 3 scallions
- 1 apple such as Fuji
- 1 lime
- 3 or 4 sprigs fresh cilantro or other leafy herb such as parsley
- 2 or 3 radishes (about 2 ounces total)
- 1 avocado
- 8 Mi Rancho 100% corn tortillas
- 2 ounces pickled jalapeños (optional)
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt
You can turn your remaining tortillas into chips: Heat the oven to 350°F. Cut the tortillas into wedges. On a sheet pan, drizzle the wedges with 1 to 2 teaspoons neutral oil, season generously with salt and pepper, and toss to coat. Bake until crisp, 10 to 12 minutes.
Make It Ahead
The tofu (Step 1) can be prepared up to 1 day ahead. Let cool, then cover and refrigerate overnight. When ready to serve, gently rewarm the tofu, adding 1 tablespoon water to thin the filling if needed, as you proceed with the rest of the recipe.
Calories: 750, Protein: 44g (88% DV), Fiber: 26g (104% DV), Total Fat: 30g (46% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 13g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g, Saturated Fat: 6g (30% DV), Cholesterol: 5mg (2% DV), Sodium: 350mg (15% DV), Carbohydrates: 81g (27% DV), Total Sugars: 22g, Added Sugars: (Coconut Sugar): 1g (2% DV).
Contains: Milk, Tree Nuts, Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.