In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Tofu mole poblano tacos with radishes and apple salad
Vegetarian, Gluten-Free, Diabetes-Friendly
2 Servings, 450 Calories/Serving
In these fast gluten-free and vegetarian tacos, crumbled tofu takes on savory richness when cooked in a mole poblano spice blend spiked with cinnamon and cocoa.
In your bag
- 10 ounces Hodo organic firm tofu
- Sun Basket mole poblano blend (ancho chile powder - sesame seeds - granulated garlic - coconut sugar - cocoa powder - sweet smoked paprika - cinnamon)
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 organic Gala or other apple
- 1 organic lime
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- 2 or 3 organic radishes (about 2 ounces total)
- 8 Mi Rancho 100% corn tortillas
- ¼ cup organic Greek yogurt
You can turn your remaining tortillas into chips: Heat the oven to 350°F. Cut the tortillas into wedges. On a sheet pan, drizzle the wedges with 1 to 2 teaspoons neutral oil, season with salt, if desired, and pepper, and toss to coat. Bake until crisp, 10 to 12 minutes.
Make It Ahead
The tofu (Step 1) can be prepared up to 1 day ahead. Let cool, then cover and refrigerate overnight. When ready to serve, gently rewarm the tofu, adding 1 tablespoon water to thin the sauce if needed, as you proceed with the rest of the recipe (Steps 2 and 3).
Calories: 450, Protein: 29g (58% DV), Fiber: 14g (56% DV), Total Fat: 13g (20% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 3g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.5g, Saturated Fat: 2g (10% DV), Cholesterol: 5mg (2% DV), Sodium: 45mg (2% DV), Carbohydrates: 54g (18% DV), Total Sugars: 14g, Added Sugars: 1g (2% DV).
Contains: Milk, Tree Nuts (coconut), Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the tofu
- In a medium bowl, crumble the tofu into ½-inch pieces. Add the mole poblano blend and tomato paste and stir to combine.
While the tofu cooks, prepare the apple salad and garnishes.
Prep the apple salad and garnishes
- Core and cut the apple into ¼-inch-thick slices.
- Juice half the lime; cut half into wedges for garnish. [Juice 1 lime; cut 1 lime into wedges.]
- Coarsely chop the cilantro. Set aside half for garnish.
- Cut the radishes in half, then cut the halves into thin half-moons for garnish.
Warm the tortillas
- Remove 6  tortillas from the package; save the rest for another use.
- Crumble the tofu.
- Juice the lime.
- Assemble the apple salad.
- Count the tortillas.
- Help assemble the tacos.