In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Tofu mole poblano tacos with radishes and apple salad
Gluten-Free Friendly, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Vegetarian, Diabetes-Friendly, Spicy, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 440 Calories/Serving
Mole sauce usually takes hours on the stovetop, plus dozens of ingredients and some serious Mexican grandmother mojo. But with our mole poblano spice blend, it’s magic in minutes.
In your bag
- 10 ounces Hodo organic firm tofu
- Sunbasket mole poblano blend (ancho chile powder - sesame seeds - granulated garlic - coconut sugar - cocoa powder - sweet smoked paprika - cinnamon)
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 organic Gala or other apple
- 1 organic lime
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- 1 or 2 organic radishes (about 2 ounces total)
- 8 Mi Rancho 100% corn tortillas
- ¼ cup organic Greek yogurt
Nutrition per serving
Calories 440, Total Fat 13g (17% DV), Sat. Fat 2g (10% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 5mg (2% DV), Sodium 50mg (2% DV), Total Carb. 56g (20% DV), Fiber 15g (54% DV), Total Sugars 14g (Incl. 1g Added Sugars, 2% DV), Protein 28g
Contains: Milk, Tree Nuts (coconut), Soybeans, Sesame
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the tofu
- Pat the tofu dry with paper towels. In a medium bowl, crumble the tofu into ½-inch pieces. Add the mole poblano blend and tomato paste and stir to combine.
In a large frying pan over medium heat, warm 2 to 3 teaspoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the tofu, season generously with salt, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the tomato paste starts to caramelize, 2 to 3 minutes. Add 1 cup [2 cups] water, bring to a simmer, and cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened slightly, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper. While the tofu is cooking, prepare the apple salad and garnishes.
Prep the apple salad and garnishes
- Core and cut the apple into ¼-inch-thick slices.
- Juice half the lime; cut the remaining half into wedges for garnish. [Juice 1 lime; cut the remaining lime into wedges.]
- Coarsely chop the cilantro. Set aside half for garnish.
- Cut the radishes in half, then cut the halves into thin half-moons for garnish.
In a medium bowl, toss together the apple, 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] lime juice, and half the cilantro. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Warm the tortillas
- Remove 6  tortillas from the package; save the rest for another use.
On the stovetop directly over a flame, or in a dry medium frying pan over medium heat, warm the 6  tortillas, turning once, until just pliable and warmed through, about 30 seconds per side. Transfer to a clean kitchen towel, cover, and keep warm.
Transfer the tortillas to individual plates and top with the tofu and radishes. Dollop with the yogurt, garnish with the remaining cilantro, and serve with the apple salad and lime wedges.
- Pat the tofu dry and crumble.
- Juice the lime.
- Assemble the apple salad.
- Count the tortillas.
- Help assemble the tacos.