In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Tofu mole poblano tacos with radishes and apple salad
Gluten-Free, Diabetes-Friendly, Vegetarian
2 Servings, 450 Calories/Serving
In these fast gluten-free and vegetarian tacos, crumbled tofu takes on savory richness when cooked in a mole poblano spice blend spiked with cinnamon and cocoa.
In your bag
- 10 ounces Hodo organic firm tofu
- Sun Basket mole poblano blend (ancho chile powder - sesame seeds - granulated garlic - coconut sugar - cocoa powder - sweet smoked paprika - cinnamon)
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 organic Gala or other apple
- 1 organic lime
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- 2 or 3 organic radishes (about 2 ounces total)
- 8 Mi Rancho 100% corn tortillas
- ¼ cup organic Greek yogurt
Calories: 450, Protein: 29g (58% DV), Fiber: 14g (56% DV), Total Fat: 13g (20% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 3g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.5g, Saturated Fat: 2g (10% DV), Cholesterol: 5mg (2% DV), Sodium: 45mg (2% DV), Carbohydrates: 54g (18% DV), Total Sugars: 14g, Added Sugars: 1g (2% DV).
Contains: Milk, Tree Nuts (coconut), Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the tofu
- In a medium bowl, crumble the tofu into ½-inch pieces. Add the mole poblano blend and tomato paste and stir to combine.
While the tofu cooks, prepare the apple salad and garnishes.
Prep the apple salad and garnishes
- Core and cut the apple into ¼-inch-thick slices.
- Juice half the lime; cut half into wedges for garnish. [Juice 1 lime; cut 1 lime into wedges.]
- Coarsely chop the cilantro. Set aside half for garnish.
- Cut the radishes in half, then cut the halves into thin half-moons for garnish.
Warm the tortillas
- Remove 6  tortillas from the package; save the rest for another use.
- Crumble the tofu.
- Juice the lime.
- Assemble the apple salad.
- Count the tortillas.
- Help assemble the tacos.