In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Pad thai with rice noodles, bell pepper, and cashews
Vegan, Dairy-Free, Family-Friendly, Gluten-Free
2 Servings, 680 Calories/Serving
Made with tender rice noodles, crisp vegetables, and your choice of protein, this gluten-free pad thai is the perfect balance of sweet, sour, and salty flavors.
In your bag
- 5 ounces flat rice noodles
- 1 organic red or other bell pepper
- 3 ounces organic shredded carrots
- Sunbasket Thai noodle sauce base (rice vinegar - gluten-free tamari - maple syrup - toasted sesame oil - garlic - ginger)
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh Thai basil
- 3 tablespoons dry-roasted cashews
- 1 organic lime
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek (optional)
Calories: 680, Protein: 30g (60% DV), Fiber: 13g (52% DV), Total Fat: 22g (34% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 10g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g, Saturated Fat: 3g (15% DV), Cholesterol: 0mg (0% DV), Sodium: 360mg (15% DV), Carbohydrates: 90g (30% DV), Total Sugars: 11g, Added Sugars: 3g (6% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts (cashew), Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice noodles
Prep the bell pepper and your protein
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the bell pepper; cut the pepper into ¼-inch-wide strips.
- Tofu: Pat the tofu dry with paper towels; cut into ½-inch cubes.
- Chicken, steak, and pork strips: Cut a small corner from the packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer the meat to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel. Cut crosswise into 1-inch pieces.
- Shrimp: Rinse and drain the shrimp. Pat dry on a paper-towel-lined plate.
Start the pad thai
Stir in the bell pepper and carrots and cook until starting to soften, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the noodles and half the Thai noodle sauce base and cook, stirring often, until your protein is cooked through and the noodles are well coated with the sauce, 2 to 3 minutes, adding more sauce if desired. While the pad thai is cooking, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients; finish the pad thai
- Strip the basil leaves from the stems; coarsely tear or chop the leaves.
- Using the bottom of a bowl or cup, lightly crush the cashews for garnish.
- Cut the lime into wedges for garnish.
- Fill a sauce pot with water.
- Time the noodles.
- Strip and tear the basil leaves.
- Crush the cashews.
- Garnish with the cashews.