In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Tofu scramble with peas and potato-scallion hash
Dairy-Free, Vegan, Family-Friendly, Gluten-Free
2 Servings, 500 Calories/Serving
This vegan tofu scramble reminds Sunbasket Test Kitchen cook Josh Liebeskind of the warm and cozy dish his mom would whip up for a comforting weeknight dinner.
In your bag
- 1 or 2 shallots
- 2 ounces shiitake mushrooms
- ¾ pound Hodo Soy firm tofu
- 2 ounces shredded carrots (see Market Watch note)
- Tofu spice blend (cumin - turmeric - coriander - dried thyme)
- 1 purple sweet potato
- 3 scallions
- 1 lemon
- ⅓ cup peas
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
Calories 500, Total Fat 21g (27% DV), Sat. Fat 5g (25% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 0mg (0% DV), Sodium 220mg (10% DV), Total Carb. 37g (13% DV), Fiber 16g (57% DV), Total Sugars 8g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 39g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the tofu scramble ingredients
- Peel the shallots; cut in half lengthwise, then crosswise into thin half-moons.
- Remove the stems from the mushrooms; thinly slice the caps.
- Crumble the tofu into coarse pieces.
Cook the tofu scramble
Add ¼ cup [½ cup] water, reduce the heat to medium-low, and simmer, stirring occasionally and adding more water 1 tablespoon at a time as needed to prevent sticking, until the tofu is tender and infused with flavor, 8 to 10 minutes.
While the tofu scramble cooks, prepare the potato-scallion hash.
Make the potato-scallion hash
- Scrub or peel the sweet potato. Cut the potato in half crosswise. Cut each half lengthwise into ½-inch-thick slices.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions on the diagonal.
While the hash cooks, prepare the lemon.
Prep the lemon; finish the tofu scramble
- Juice the lemon.
- Crumble the tofu.
- Scrub the sweet potato.
- Juice the lemon.