In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Shichimi-spiced salmon with blistered tomato and black-eyed pea salad
Carb-Conscious, Gluten-Free, Diabetes-Friendly, Dairy-Free, Lean & Clean, Soy-Free
2 Servings, 330 Calories/Serving
In this summery dish, we season salmon with Japanese shichimi togarashi and pair it with blistered tomatoes, cucumber, and black-eyed peas.
The Heart-Check Certification indicates the recipe meets the American Heart Association®’s nutrition requirements. To remain at or under the maximum 600mg sodium per serving, avoid using salt to season this recipe. We also recommend using the lower amounts of oil suggested for preparation.
In your bag
- ¼ pound organic grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 organic purple daikon or other small radish
- 1 organic cucumber
- ½ cup cooked black-eyed peas
- 3 organic scallions
- Sun Basket umami dressing (coconut aminos - coconut vinegar - fish sauce - toasted sesame oil)
- Seafood options:
- 2 wild Alaskan skin-on salmon fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 wild skin-on snapper fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 10 ounces wild sea scallops
- 1 teaspoon shichimi togarashi
Calories: 330, Protein: 38g (76% DV), Fiber: 6g (24% DV), Total Fat: 14g (22% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 8g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3.5g, Saturated Fat: 2.5g (13% DV), Cholesterol: 55mg (18% DV), Sodium: 550mg (23% DV), Carbohydrates: 20g (7% DV), Total Sugars: 6g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Fish (anchovy)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and char the tomatoes
While the tomatoes cook, start preparing the remaining salad ingredients.
Prep and assemble the salad
- Scrub or peel the daikon; cut into quarters lengthwise, then crosswise into ¼-inch-thick slices.
- Peel the cucumber, if desired; cut the cucumber in half lengthwise and scrape out the seeds with a spoon. Cut the halves into enough ¼-inch pieces to measure 1 cup [2 cups].
- Rinse the black-eyed peas.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions on the diagonal, keeping the white and green parts separate. Set aside the green parts for garnish.
Prep and cook the seafood
- Pat the fish dry with a paper towel; season with salt, if desired, and pepper.
For the scallops:
- Pat the scallops dry with a paper towel; season lightly with salt.
- Measure the cucumber.
- Rinse the black-eyed peas.
- Assemble the salad.
- Garnish with the scallions.
The Heart-Check Certification applies to original recipes only and does not apply when a protein customization is utilized.