In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Tok-sel lima bean and quinoa bowls with avocado and orange
Mediterranean, Dairy-Free, Diabetes-Friendly, Vegan, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free
2 Servings, 700 Calories/Serving
Just in time for spring, be wowed by the power of nutritious (and delicious!) lima beans in our gluten-free, Yucatán-inspired quinoa bowls.
In your bag
- ½ cup rainbow quinoa
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 3 organic scallions
- 1 organic lime
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1½ cups lima beans
- 1 organic avocado
- 1 organic orange
- 1 teaspoon achiote powder
Calories: 700, Protein: 23g (46% DV), Fiber: 20g (80% DV), Total Fat: 32g (49% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 18g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g, Saturated Fat: 4.5g (23% DV), Cholesterol: 0mg (0% DV), Sodium: 260mg (11% DV), Carbohydrates: 88g (29% DV), Total Sugars: 8g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the quinoa
- Rinse the quinoa.
While the quinoa cooks, prepare the rest of the meal.
Make the tok-sel lima beans
- Coarsely chop the pumpkin seeds.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions, keeping the white and green parts separate.
- Juice the lime (the juice will be divided between the lima beans and the avocado).
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
While the lima beans cook, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the avocado and orange; finish the quinoa
- Cut the avocado in half lengthwise. Remove the pit, scoop out the flesh, and cut the flesh into ½-inch pieces.
- Using your hands or a sharp knife, peel the orange; working over a small bowl, cut along both sides of each membrane to release the segments into the bowl. Alternatively, cut the fruit in half crosswise and separate each half into segments. Discard any seeds. Set aside for serving.
To the pot with the quinoa, stir in the white parts of the scallions and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Rinse the quinoa.
- Juice the lime.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Scoop out the avocado.
- Peel the orange by hand.