In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Tokyo fried rice with togarashi, edamame, and corn
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Vegetarian, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 660 Calories/Serving
Drawing inspiration from Japan, we sprinkle this gluten-free and vegetarian fried rice with togarashi, a seven-ingredient Tokyo seasoning blend worth getting to know.
In your bag
- ½ cup jasmine rice
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 or 2 carrots (about ¼ pound)
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 ear corn
- 4 pasture-raised organic eggs
- Sunbasket stir-fry blend (gluten-free tamari - sesame oil - fresh garlic - fresh ginger)
- 3 scallions
- ½ cup shelled edamame
- 1 teaspoon togarashi (black and white sesame seeds - poppy seeds - red chile flakes - dried orange zest - Sichuan peppercorns - nori - citric acid)
Total Fat 24g (31% DV), Sat. Fat 3.5g (18% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 310mg (103% DV), Sodium 1520mg (66% DV), Total Carb. 81g (29% DV), Fiber 9g (32% DV), Total Sugars 14g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 26g
Contains: Eggs, Soybeans
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice
- In a fine-mesh strainer, rinse the rice.
While the rice cooks, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients
- Peel and coarsely chop the yellow onion.
- Scrub or peel the carrots and trim off the ends; cut the carrots into ¼-inch-wide lengths, then crosswise into ¼-inch pieces.
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the bell pepper; cut the bell pepper into ¼-inch-wide strips, then crosswise into ¼-inch pieces.
- Shuck the corn. Lay the cob flat and cut the kernels from the cob.
- Crack the eggs into a medium bowl and season with salt and pepper. With a whisk or fork, lightly beat until just blended.
- Measure out 2 tablespoons of the stir-fry blend; set aside the rest for garnish, if desired.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions on the diagonal for garnish.
Cook the vegetables
Cook the eggs; finish the dish