In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Tokyo udon noodle bowls with roasted butternut squash and edamame
Dairy-Free, Vegan, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 750 Calories/Serving
Udon noodles are quick to cook and sturdy enough to stand up to a bowlful of vegetables in this easy Japanese-inspired vegan dinner.
In your bag
- 1 pound organic chopped peeled butternut squash
- Sunbasket Asian dressing base (maple syrup - red wine vinegar - fresh ginger)
- ½ pound fresh udon noodles
- 1 organic daikon radish
- 1 organic cucumber
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 cup shelled edamame
- Sunbasket sesame seed blend (white sesame seeds - black sesame seeds)
Calories 750, Total Fat 24g (31% DV), Sat. Fat 2.5g (13% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 0mg (0% DV), Sodium 1170mg (51% DV), Total Carb. 111g (40% DV), Fiber 22g (79% DV), Total Sugars 19g (Incl. 9g Added Sugars, 18% DV), Protein 28g
Contains: Wheat, Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Roast the squash
In a large bowl, combine the squash, Asian dressing base, and 1 teaspoon [2 tsp] neutral oil. Season with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Using tongs or a slotted spoon, transfer the squash to a sheet pan and spread in an even layer. (Set aside the remaining dressing in the bowl for finishing the dish.) Roast the squash, stirring halfway through, until tender and lightly browned, 18 to 20 minutes.
While the squash roasts, prepare the rest of the meal.
Cook the udon noodles
While the water heats and the udon cooks, prepare the vegetables.
Prep the vegetables; finish the dish
- Cut the radish in half lengthwise, then crosswise into thin half-moons.
- Cut the cucumber in half lengthwise, then thinly slice enough on the diagonal to measure 1 cup [2 cups].
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
- Toss the squash with the dressing and oil.
- Time the udon.
- Measure the cucumber.
- Toss the udon and vegetables.
- Garnish with the sesame seed blend.