In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Tomato-braised chicken with sweet potato and chard
Carb-Conscious, Soy-Free, Paleo, Lean & Clean, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Mediterranean, Diabetes-Friendly
2 Servings, 470 Calories/Serving
Made in one pot, this quick braise combines tender chicken, sweet potato, and earthy chard in a bright tomato sauce.
In your bag
- Chicken options:
- 2 to 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 10 ounces total)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 or 2 organic shallots
- 1 organic sweet potato
- 1 small bunch organic Swiss or other chard (about ¼ pound)
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Sun Basket tomato sauce base (tomatoes - tomato paste - garlic)
- Sun Basket vinegar blend (balsamic vinegar - red wine vinegar)
Calories: 470, Protein: 33g (66% DV), Fiber: 7g (28% DV), Total Fat: 18g (28% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 9g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.5g, Saturated Fat: 3g (15% DV), Cholesterol: 135mg (45% DV), Sodium: 320mg (13% DV), Carbohydrates: 40g (13% DV), Total Sugars: 15g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and brown the chicken
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
Prep and cook the shallots and sweet potato
- Peel and finely chop enough shallots to measure ¼ cup [½ cup].
- Scrub or peel the sweet potato. Cut the potato into ½-inch pieces.
Prep the remaining ingredients; finish the braise
- Remove and discard any coarse stems from the chard; coarsely chop the leaves and tender stems.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves for garnish.
- Measure the shallots.
- Scrub the sweet potato.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Measure the water for the braise.
- Garnish with the parsley.