In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Tomato-braised cod with chard, artichokes, and olive relish
Soy-Free, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Lean & Clean, Paleo
2 Servings, 460 Calories/Serving
Paleo and gluten-free, this easy, elegant cod and artichoke dish has all the rich flavors of a great Mediterranean seafood stew.
In your bag
- 1 or 2 cloves peeled fresh garlic
- 1 or 2 shallots
- ¾ cup cooked quartered artichoke hearts
- 1 bunch chard (about ½ pound)
- ¼ teaspoon Aleppo chile flakes (optional)
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 2 wild Pacific cod fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- ¼ cup pitted Kalamata olives
- 3 or 4 sprigs fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
Protein: 35g (70% DV), Fiber: 6g (24% DV), Total Fat: 27g (42% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 41g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g, Saturated Fat: 2.5g (13% DV), Cholesterol: 80mg (27% DV), Sodium: 790mg (33% DV), Carbohydrates: 20g (7% DV), Total Sugars: 6g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Wash produce before use
Make the tomato sauce
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1½ teaspoons.
- Peel and thinly slice the shallots.
- Coarsely chop the artichoke hearts.
- Strip the chard leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves and stems, keeping them separate.
Add the artichoke hearts, chard stems, and as much Aleppo chile as you like and cook, stirring occasionally, until the stems are tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the tomatoes, chard leaves, and ½ cup water and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the leaves are just wilted, 2 to 4 minutes.
While the sauce simmers, prepare the cod.
Prep and cook the cod
- Pat the cod dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
While the cod cooks, prepare the olive relish.
Make the olive relish
- Coarsely chop the olives.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.