In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Tomato-coconut shrimp with spinach and white rice
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 650 Calories/Serving
Garlicky shrimp goodness meets toasted cashew-coconut warmth for a comforting paleo bowl with optional rice for the non-paleo members of the family.
In your bag
- 1 cup long-grain white rice*
- ⅓ cup roasted cashews
- ¼ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 pound shrimp
- ½ teaspoon red chile flakes (optional)
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 or 2 cloves peeled fresh garlic
- 6 or 7 sprigs fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 5 or 6 sprigs fresh basil
- 1 lemon
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- 1¼ cups coconut milk
- ½ pound baby spinach
- *Not paleo; omit for a paleo-strict version.
Calories 650, Total Fat 28g (36% DV), Sat. Fat 10g (50% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 170mg (57% DV), Sodium 270mg (12% DV), Total Carb. 62g (23% DV), Fiber 5g (18% DV), Total Sugars 7g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 28g
Contains: Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice
- Rinse the rice.
While the rice cooks, prepare the rest of the meal.
Toast the cashews and coconut
- Coarsely chop the cashews.
Prep the remaining ingredients; cook the shrimp
- Rinse the shrimp, then drain on a paper-towel-lined plate and pat dry. Season lightly with salt and pepper and as many chile flakes as you like.
- Peel and coarsely chop the yellow onion.
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 2 teaspoons.
Cook the onion and garlic
While the onion cooks, prepare the herbs and lemon.
Finish the sauce
- Strip the parsley and basil leaves from the stems.
- Coarsely chop the parsley and basil leaves.
- Zest half the lemon. Cut half into wedges for garnish.
Return the shrimp to the pan, stir in the spinach, and cook until the shrimp are warmed through and the spinach is just wilted, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the parsley, basil, and lemon zest. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Rinse the rice.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Strip the parsley and basil leaves.
- Sprinkle the cashews and coconut.
- Serve the meal.