In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Kadai paneer with lemongrass, basmati rice, and naan
2 Servings, 860 Calories/Serving
This Indian-inspired vegetarian meal stars our custom lemongrass paste and paneer, a delicious mild cow’s milk cheese worth getting to know.
In your bag
- ½ cup basmati rice
- 1 or 2 shallots
- Sunbasket lemongrass paste (lemongrass - olive oil - fresh garlic - fresh ginger - turmeric)
- 1 poblano (optional)
- ½ teaspoon garam masala
- 1½ cups diced tomatoes
- ¾ cup diced mild green chiles
- ½ pound paneer
- 1 naan
- 3 or 4 sprigs fresh cilantro
Calories: 860, Protein: 38g (76% DV), Fiber: 3g (12% DV), Total Fat: 45g (69% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 11g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g, Saturated Fat: 21g (105% DV), Cholesterol: 115mg (38% DV), Sodium: 370mg (15% DV), Carbohydrates: 73g (24% DV), Total Sugars: 11g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Milk, Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice
- Rinse the rice.
While the rice cooks, prepare the rest of the meal.
Make the sauce
- Peel and finely chop the shallots.
- Measure out 3 tablespoons lemongrass paste; save the rest for another use.
- If using the poblano, remove the stem, ribs, and seeds; thinly slice the poblano. Cut the strips in half, if desired. Wash your hands after handling.
While the sauce cooks, prepare the paneer.
Prep and cook the paneer
- Cut the paneer into ½-inch cubes.
While the paneer cooks, toast the naan.
Warm the naan
While the naan toasts, chop the cilantro and finish the paneer.
Prep the garnish; finish the paneer
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.