In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Top sirloin steak strips with penne, squash, and sweet pea pistou
Soy-Free, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 640 Calories/Serving
Tossed with penne pasta, our sweet pea pistou creates a lush green landing for juicy steak strips and crisp-tender squash. A sprinkling of feta adds a pleasantly salty finish.
In your bag
- 5 ounces penne rigate
- Sunbasket sweet pea pistou (extra virgin olive oil - peas - spinach - Parmesan - garlic)
- Sunbasket Italian dressing (water - Champagne vinegar - honey - Parmesan - parsley - garlic - red chile flakes - dried oregano)
- 1 organic yellow squash or zucchini
- 1 organic yellow onion
- Your choice of protein
- 3 tablespoons crumbled feta
Calories 640, Total Fat 26g (33% DV), Sat. Fat 6g (30% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 80mg (27% DV), Sodium 230mg (10% DV), Total Carb. 66g (24% DV), Fiber 6g (21% DV), Total Sugars 9g (Incl. 1g Added Sugars, 2% DV), Protein 38g
Contains: Milk, Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Cook the pasta
Bring a medium sauce pot of generously salted water to a boil. Add the penne rigate and cook until just tender, 10 to 12 minutes. Drain and return to the pot. Add the sweet pea pistou and Italian dressing and toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper and cover to keep warm. While the water is heating and the penne is cooking, start preparing the rest of the meal.
Prep and cook the squash and onion
- Cut the squash in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ¼-inch-thick half-moons.
- Peel and thinly slice the onion.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 teaspoons oil until hot but not smoking. Working in batches if needed, arrange the squash and onion in a single layer, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring once, until lightly browned on both sides and just starting to soften, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate. Add more oil between batches if needed. Do not clean the pan. While the vegetables are cooking, start preparing your protein.
Prep your protein
- Steak, chicken, or pork strips: Cut a small corner from the packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer the meat to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel. Season with salt and pepper.
- Shrimp or scallops: Rinse and drain the shrimp or scallops. Pat dry on a paper-towel-lined plate. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Tofu: Pat the tofu dry with paper towels; crumble or cut into ½-inch pieces. Season with salt and pepper.
- Plant-based chicken: Pat the plant-based chicken dry with a paper towel; season with salt and pepper.
Cook your protein
In the same pan used for the vegetables, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Add your protein and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and cooked through, 2 to 4 minutes for regular shrimp; 4 to 6 minutes for jumbo shrimp, scallops, steak, pork, tofu, or plant-based chicken; and 6 to 8 minutes for chicken.
Transfer the pasta to individual bowls and top with the vegetables and your protein. Garnish with the feta and serve.
- Fill a sauce pot with salted water for the penne.
- Time the cooking.
- Garnish the dish with the feta.