In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Top sirloin steak strips with zucchini, romesco, and pumpkin seed dukkah
Carb-Conscious, Soy-Free, Lean & Clean, Dairy-Free, Diabetes-Friendly, Paleo, Gluten-Free, Mediterranean
2 Servings, 470 Calories/Serving
This lickety-split dinner gets the Sunbasket treatment. Savor your choice of protein with fresh spring produce, house-made romesco, and a sprinkle of nutty dukkah for surprise texture and flavor.
In your bag
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- Sunbasket romesco (roasted red peppers - almonds - extra virgin olive oil - sherry vinegar - garlic - sweet smoked paprika - kosher salt)
- Your choice of protein
- 1 organic zucchini or yellow squash
- 1 organic carrot
- 1 ounce organic baby arugula or other leafy greens
- Sunbasket pumpkin seed dukkah (pumpkin seeds - sesame seeds - coriander - cumin - kosher salt - black pepper)
Calories: 470, Protein: 29g (58% DV), Fiber: 4g (16% DV), Total Fat: 36g (55% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 17g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3.5g, Saturated Fat: 6g (30% DV), Cholesterol: 70mg (23% DV), Sodium: 470mg (20% DV), Carbohydrates: 12g (4% DV), Total Sugars: 5g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts (almond)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Finish the romesco
- Set aside 2 teaspoons [4 tsp] sherry vinegar for the arugula.
In a small bowl, stir together the romesco, 1 teaspoon [2 tsp] sherry vinegar, and 1 teaspoon [2 tsp] oil.
Prep your protein
- Steak, chicken, or pork strips: Cut a small corner from the packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer the meat to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Shrimp or scallops: Rinse and drain the shrimp or scallops. Pat dry on a paper-towel-lined plate. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Tofu: Pat the tofu dry with paper towels; crumble or cut into ½-inch pieces. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Plant-based chicken: Pat the plant-based chicken dry with a paper towel; season lightly with salt and pepper.
Cook your protein
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] oil until hot but not smoking. Add your protein and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned and just cooked through, 2 to 4 minutes for regular shrimp; 4 to 6 minutes for jumbo shrimp, scallops, steak, pork, tofu, or plant-based chicken; and 6 to 8 minutes for chicken. Transfer to a plate. Do not clean the pan. While your protein is cooking, prepare the vegetables.
Prep and cook the vegetables
- Cut the zucchini in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ½-inch-thick half-moons.
- Scrub or peel the carrot and trim the ends; cut the carrot on the diagonal into ¼-inch-thick slices.
In the same pan used for your protein, warm 2 to 3 teaspoons oil over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Add the zucchini and carrot, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender, 2 to 4 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper. Meanwhile, prepare the arugula.
Dress the arugula
In a medium bowl, toss together the arugula, remaining sherry vinegar, and 1 to 2 teaspoons oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Spread the romesco on individual plates, top with the vegetables, and sprinkle with the dukkah. Top with your protein and serve with the arugula.
- Finish the romesco.
- Scrub the carrot.
- Dress the arugula.
- Spread the romesco on plates.
- Sprinkle the dukkah.