In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Top sirloin steak strips with zucchini, romesco, and pumpkin seed dukkah
Keto-Friendly, Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Diabetes-Friendly, Carb-Conscious, No Added Sugar, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 490 Calories/Serving
This speedy dinner stars an A-list cast: your choice of protein, peppery arugula, and the easiest romesco sauce ever (we blend that up in house for you!). Add a delightful sprinkle of Middle Eastern spices and seeds, and that’s a wrap.
In your bag
- Your choice of protein
- 1 organic zucchini or yellow squash
- 1 organic carrot
- 1 ounce organic baby arugula or other leafy greens
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- Sunbasket romesco (roasted red peppers - almonds - extra virgin olive oil - sherry vinegar - garlic - sweet smoked paprika - kosher salt)
- Sunbasket pumpkin seed dukkah (pumpkin seeds - sesame seeds - coriander - cumin - kosher salt - black pepper)
Calories 490, Total Fat 38g (49% DV), Sat. Fat 5g (25% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 70mg (23% DV), Sodium 450mg (20% DV), Total Carb. 13g (5% DV), Fiber 5g (18% DV), Total Sugars 5g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 30g
Contains: Tree Nuts (almond), Sesame (sesame)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Prep your protein
- Steak, chicken, or pork strips: Cut a small corner from the packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer the meat to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Chicken breasts or pork loin chops: Pat the meat dry with a paper towel; cut into 1-inch strips. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Shrimp or scallops: Rinse and drain the shrimp or scallops. Pat dry on a paper-towel-lined plate. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Tofu: Pat the tofu dry with paper towels; crumble or cut into ½-inch pieces. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Plant-based chicken: Pat the plant-based chicken dry with a paper towel; season lightly with salt and pepper.
Cook your protein
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add your protein and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned and just cooked through, 2 to 4 minutes for regular shrimp; 4 to 6 minutes for jumbo shrimp, scallops, steak, pork, tofu, or plant-based chicken; and 6 to 8 minutes for chicken. Transfer to a plate. Do not clean the pan. While your protein is cooking, prepare the vegetables.
Prep and cook the vegetables
- Cut the zucchini in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ½-inch-thick half-moons.
- Scrub or peel the carrot and trim the ends; cut the carrot on the diagonal into ¼-inch-thick slices.
In the same pan used for your protein, warm 2 to 3 teaspoons oil over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Add the zucchini and carrot, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender, 2 to 4 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper. Meanwhile, prepare the arugula and finish the romesco.
Dress the arugula; finish the romesco
In a medium bowl, toss together the arugula, 2 teaspoons [4 tsp] sherry vinegar, and 1 to 2 teaspoons oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
In a small bowl, stir together the romesco, remaining sherry vinegar, and 1 teaspoon [2 tsp] oil.
Spread the romesco on individual plates, top with the vegetables, and sprinkle with the pumpkin seed dukkah. Top with your protein and serve with the arugula.
- Scrub the carrot.
- Dress the arugula.
- Finish the romesco.
- Spread the romesco on plates.
- Sprinkle the dukkah.