In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Triple mushroom quinoa with watercress, scallions, and peas
Dairy-Free, Mediterranean, Gluten-Free, Vegan
2 Servings, 370 Calories/Serving
This creamy, triple-mushroom quinoa dish, reminiscent of risotto, delivers rich umami flavor without any dairy.
In your bag
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- 3 organic scallions
- ¼ pound organic cremini or other button mushrooms
- ½ cup rainbow quinoa
- ½ teaspoon porcini powder
- ¾ ounce dried shiitake mushrooms
- 1 bunch organic watercress
- 1 organic lemon
- 1 cup organic peas
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free tamari
Calories: 370, Protein: 16g (32% DV), Fiber: 8g (32% DV), Total Fat: 8g (12% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 4g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.5g, Saturated Fat: 1g (5% DV), Cholesterol: 0mg (0% DV), Sodium: 730mg (30% DV), Carbohydrates: 58g (19% DV), Total Sugars: 6g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the quinoa
- Finely chop, press, or grate the garlic.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; cut the scallions into ¼-inch-thick slices, keeping the white and green parts separate. Set aside the green parts for finishing the quinoa.
- Thinly slice the cremini mushrooms.
- Rinse the quinoa.
While the quinoa simmers, prepare the shiitake mushrooms.
Soften the shiitake mushrooms
While the mushrooms soak, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients; finish the quinoa
- Trim the root ends and any coarse stems from the watercress.
- Cut the lemon into wedges for garnish.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Rinse the quinoa.
- Measure the water for the quinoa and mushrooms.