In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Triple-mushroom quinoa with watercress, scallions, and peas
Vegan, Dairy-Free, Lean & Clean, Mediterranean, Gluten-Free
2 Servings, 370 Calories/Serving
Inspired by risotto, this creamy quinoa dish is made with not one, but three different kinds of mushrooms to deliver rich umami flavor without any dairy.
In your bag
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- 3 organic scallions
- ¼ pound organic cremini or other button mushrooms
- ½ cup rainbow quinoa
- ½ teaspoon porcini powder
- 1 ounce dried shiitake mushrooms
- 1 bunch organic watercress
- 1 organic lemon
- 1 cup organic peas
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free tamari
Calories: 370, Protein: 17g (34% DV), Fiber: 10g (40% DV), Total Fat: 8g (12% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 0g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g, Saturated Fat: 1g (5% DV), Cholesterol: 0mg (0% DV), Sodium: 770mg (32% DV), Carbohydrates: 59g (20% DV), Total Sugars: 6g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the quinoa
- Finely chop, press, or grate the garlic.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions, keeping the white and green parts separate. Set aside the green parts for finishing the quinoa.
- Thinly slice the cremini mushrooms.
- Rinse the quinoa.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 2 to 3 teaspoons oil until hot but not smoking. Stir in the garlic and white parts of the scallions and cook until starting to soften, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in the cremini mushrooms and quinoa and toast until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in the porcini powder and 1½ cups [3 cups] water, season lightly with salt, and bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the quinoa is tender and the water is absorbed, 20 to 22 minutes. Fluff with a fork, cover, and keep warm. Meanwhile, prepare the shiitake mushrooms.
Soften the shiitake mushrooms
In a medium sauce pot, combine the shiitake mushrooms and 2½ cups [5 cups] water. Bring to a boil, cover, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms are softened and the liquid is reduced by half, 6 to 8 minutes. Drain the mushrooms; discard the stems and thinly slice the caps. Meanwhile, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients; finish the quinoa
- Trim the root ends and any coarse stems from the watercress.
- Cut the lemon into wedges for garnish.
To the pan with the quinoa, stir in the shiitake mushrooms, watercress, peas, and green parts of the scallions. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper and as much tamari as you like.
Transfer the quinoa to individual bowls, garnish with the lemon wedges, and serve.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Rinse the quinoa.
- Measure the water for the quinoa and shiitake mushrooms.