In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Tulum shrimp with citrus-kale salad and Mayan chipotle dressing
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 430 Calories/Serving
Take a quick trip to Tulum with this gluten-free delight—plump shrimp, juicy oranges, cool cucumber, and gently spicy chipotle for an easy, breezy weeknight meal.
In your bag
- 1 organic cucumber
- 1 bunch organic red or other kale (about 10 ounces)
- 3 organic scallions
- Sunbasket sazón seasoning (achiote - granulated garlic - cumin - onion powder - turmeric - coriander)
- 2 ounces organic shredded carrots
- Sunbasket Mayan chipotle dressing (coconut nectar - chipotle chile in gluten-free adobo - canola oil - lime juice - red wine vinegar - garlic)
- Seafood options:
- 10 ounces wild Gulf shrimp
- 10 ounces wild tail-on jumbo shrimp
- 10 ounces wild sea scallops
- 2 or 3 organic radishes (about 2 ounces total)
- 2 organic oranges
Calories 430, Total Fat 18g (23% DV), Sat. Fat 2g (10% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 180mg (60% DV), Sodium 940mg (41% DV), Total Carb. 44g (16% DV), Fiber 10g (36% DV), Total Sugars 22g (Incl. 4g Added Sugars, 8% DV), Protein 28g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the cucumber and the kale salad
- Peel the cucumber, if desired; thinly slice enough cucumber to measure ¾ cup [1½ cups].
- Strip the kale leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions.
In a medium bowl, combine the kale with 1 teaspoon [2 tsp] oil and ½ teaspoon [1 tsp] salt and gently massage the leaves. Add the scallions, carrots, and as much Mayan chipotle dressing as you like and toss to coat (set aside any remaining dressing for serving). Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Let the cucumber and kale salad stand, tossing occasionally, while you prepare the rest of the meal.
Prep and cook the seafood
- Rinse the shrimp, then drain on a paper-towel-lined plate and pat dry. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
For the scallops:
- Pat the scallops dry with a paper towel; season lightly with salt.
While the scallops cook, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients
- Thinly slice the radishes.
- Using your hands or a sharp knife, peel the oranges. Working over a small bowl, cut along both sides of each membrane to release the segments into the bowl. Alternatively, cut the fruit in half crosswise and separate each half into segments. Discard any seeds.
- Measure the cucumber.
- Strip the kale leaves.
- Stir the cucumber and seasonings.
- Massage the kale leaves.
- Peel the oranges by hand.