In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Easy tuna bowls with summer vegetables and bulgur
Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Diabetes-Friendly, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 510 Calories/Serving
We let fresh summer ingredients shine without much fuss (20 minutes of fuss to be exact) in these seared tuna, vegetable, and bulgur grain bowls.
In your bag
- ½ cup bulgur wheat
- 3 ounces organic green beans or romano beans
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 wild albacore tuna steaks (about 5 ounces each)
- 1 ear organic corn
- Sunbasket lemon-shallot dressing base (fresh lemon juice - shallots - fresh garlic - Dijon mustard - porcini powder)
Calories 510, Total Fat 14g (18% DV), Sat. Fat 2g (10% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 55mg (18% DV), Sodium 410mg (18% DV), Total Carb. 52g (19% DV), Fiber 8g (29% DV), Total Sugars 7g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 44g
Contains: Fish, Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the bulgur
While the bulgur cooks, prepare the rest of the meal.
Prep and cook the green beans
- Trim the stem ends from the green beans; cut the beans on the diagonal into 2-inch lengths.
While the beans cook, prepare the tuna.
Prep and sear the tuna
- In a medium bowl, stir together the mustard and ground ginger.
- Pat the tuna dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper. Add the tuna to the bowl with the mustard-ginger mixture and turn to coat all over.
While the tuna cooks and rests, prepare the corn and finish the bulgur.
Prep the corn; finish the bulgur
- Shuck the corn. Lay the ear flat and cut the kernels from the cob. Set aside for serving.
- In a small bowl, stir together the lemon-shallot dressing base and 1 to 2 teaspoons oil; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Measure the water for the bulgur.
- Stir the mustard and ginger.
- Shuck the corn.
- Stir the lemon-shallot dressing.