In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Easy tuna bowls with summer vegetables and bulgur
Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Diabetes-Friendly, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 510 Calories/Serving
We let fresh summer ingredients shine without much fuss (20 minutes of fuss to be exact) in these seared tuna, vegetable, and bulgur grain bowls.
In your bag
- ½ cup bulgur wheat
- 3 ounces organic green beans or romano beans
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 wild albacore tuna steaks (about 5 ounces each)
- 1 ear organic corn
- Sunbasket lemon-shallot dressing base (fresh lemon juice - shallots - fresh garlic - Dijon mustard - porcini powder)
Calories 510, Total Fat 14g (18% DV), Sat. Fat 2g (10% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 55mg (18% DV), Sodium 410mg (18% DV), Total Carb. 52g (19% DV), Fiber 8g (29% DV), Total Sugars 7g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 44g
Contains: Fish, Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Cook the bulgur
While the bulgur cooks, prepare the rest of the meal.
Prep and cook the green beans
- Trim the stem ends from the green beans; cut the beans on the diagonal into 2-inch lengths.
While the beans cook, prepare the tuna.
Prep and sear the tuna
- In a medium bowl, stir together the mustard and ground ginger.
- Pat the tuna dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper. Add the tuna to the bowl with the mustard-ginger mixture and turn to coat all over.
While the tuna cooks and rests, prepare the corn and finish the bulgur.
Prep the corn; finish the bulgur
- Shuck the corn. Lay the ear flat and cut the kernels from the cob. Set aside for serving.
- In a small bowl, stir together the lemon-shallot dressing base and 1 to 2 teaspoons oil; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Measure the water for the bulgur.
- Stir the mustard and ginger.
- Shuck the corn.
- Stir the lemon-shallot dressing.